• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

JimrC's Early Bronco

planning to cut the vents into the grill sometime soon "thumbsup"

Changed my mind, I'll be buying one of the front grills instead of doing the work myself ... auld eyes and time consuming

I did however, finally delete the hood scoop and the awful windscreen trim sticker. Really liking the look without the scoop.

Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---Hood-Scoop-Delete-1.jpg
Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---Hood-Scoop-Delete.jpg

Edit > I added the vinyl up the windscreen.

Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---Hood-Scoop-Delete-2.jpg

Last edited:
I found these side lights from Injora which apparently fit the Bronco, unlike the RC4WD versions ... these come with chrome bezels which I liked the look. The white lights provided will be swapped out with some orange LED's.

Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---Side-Lights-by-Injora.jpg

So these side lights just got fitted and looking rather good I think.

Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---Injora-Side-Lights-3.jpg
Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---Injora-Side-Lights-4.jpg
Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---Injora-Side-Lights-7.jpg

Now my question is, does anyone know where I can find tail lights for the Bronco with the chrome bezel?

Last edited:
Been a little whiley for an update ... a few changes made.

1. Generic raw aluminum wheels, kept the stock Falken tires but stuffed some blue Injora inserts inside. Finding these are working good with a 10lb rig.
Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---May-13th---Generic-Wheel-1.jpg

2. Fitted a servo winch, replaced the stock winch line with some stronger stuff and also managed to double the length of the line on the spool. Added a hook and then an eyelet point below the fairlead.
Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---April-25th---Servo-Winch-2.jpgAxial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---May-13th---Winch-System.jpg

3. On the rear, gas cans x2, shovel and pintle hook were fitted ... also moved the plate over.
Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---May-13th---Rear-Bumper.jpg

4. In the rear is a hi-lift jack, fire extinguishers and three bags. One of the bags holds the scale recovery items ... all just for laughs lol
Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---May-13th---Scale-Holdall-1.jpgAxial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---May-13th---Scale-Holdall-2.jpg

5. Found a driver and passenger
Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---May-16-4-24---Scale-Figure-2-Test---8.jpg

6. Last thing has been the gas cap I made
Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---May-21---Gas-Cap-6.jpg

Still lots to do.

With the rig weighing in at 10 lb's now, the stock motor had to go as it was starting to struggle. Still keeping the rig budget orientated which makes me laugh a bit because I got two HH TrailMasters when I only needed one. I've put the 27T in the Bronco, used the stock pinion and will keep the 21T as a spare motor.

Axial-SCX10-III-Early-Bronco---May-22---Holmes-Hobbies---550-Trailmaster-Sport.jpg

First impressions ... the Bronco is much happier

Back