• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

JConcepts Creep!!!!

R2j that thing is badass!
Capra interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Interior is from a HPI Mini Trophy.

Right on man I see that now.
I dig that chassis setup, Especially the laser cut in America part. I’m going to have to look into that for my Capra axle based rig.

That’s awesome bro! I don’t really care for the creep body, but this looks good! I like how you completely cut the weird part off the back of the bed[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks! Yeah that end of the bed had to go."thumbsup"

Right on man I see that now.
I dig that chassis setup, Especially the laser cut in America part. I’m going to have to look into that for my Capra axle based rig.

NWSD makes a nice chassis and they also make setup jigs and tubing benders.

Just finishing up this build
0cd3360c24a8d5b7151284225b4bb4e7.jpg
ff5289bd5a93dc599a515baeb4769af8.jpg
0c1b68c4d91f15f0072c0e3b8cf080b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Very Nice Brian!"thumbsup" You have a good eye for color combos.
Ernie

I dig the color combo, especially the carbon fiber down the side. Very nice! What color is on top?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!"thumbsup""thumbsup"

@MaX-D, the blue is Tamiya PS-59 Dark Metallic Blue. It has been my favorite color lately. The carbon fiber look is actually a piece of fishing net that I used give it the CF effect.

Hi guys, sorry to drag up an old topic but I’m new to lexan/polycarbonate bodies. I just ordered this body and naturally want to fill that tailgate area in and possibly get rid of the weird angle back there. My question is, are these bodies in the thread painted from the inside or outside once you’ve worked that area over? Seems if you painted from the inside you would see the glue and overlap from the new material. Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
Hi guys, sorry to drag up an old topic but I’m new to lexan/polycarbonate bodies. I just ordered this body and naturally want to fill that tailgate area in and possibly get rid of the weird angle back there. My question is, are these bodies in the thread painted from the inside or outside once you’ve worked that area over? Seems if you painted from the inside you would see the glue and overlap from the new material. Thanks for any help!

The bodies you see above in this thread are painted on the inside. If you are planning to adhere stuff to the inside of the body you would have to paint it first if this is the method you choose.

You can also paint the outside of the body, but the paint will be exposed to damage

My Creep body that I posted above was painted on the outside. I would paint the body on the inside first, then cut and modify and reattach. E6000 or Shoe Goo works good for reattaching.

Below is my Power Wagon on my Element Gatekeeper chassis. I painted this body on the outside and then cut and modified the bed to narrow and bob the bed. When I paint on the outside of the body, I always use Tamiya PS55 Flat Clear over the paint to help protect the paint.

IMG_8630 (2).jpg

IMG_8658 (2).jpg

IMG_9244 (2).jpg

My Creep body that I posted above was painted on the outside. I would paint the body on the inside first, then cut and modify and reattach. E6000 or Shoe Goo works good for reattaching.

Below is my Power Wagon on my Element Gatekeeper chassis. I painted this body on the outside and then cut and modified the bed to narrow and bob the bed. When I paint on the outside of the body, I always use Tamiya PS55 Flat Clear over the paint to help protect the paint.

View attachment 401754

View attachment 401755

View attachment 401756
How do you manage to keep it from scratching?;-)

How do you manage to keep it from scratching?;-)

To not drive it!:ror:

Really though, I've only had it on the backyard rocks once. The plan IS to scratch it if I ever get it out on some real rocks! I painted silver on the inside so it shows thru. Easy touch up on the black if it gets too scratched up.

Back