• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Integy Billet Machined Winch Review

... snip...
i will try and get it connected through the heyok controller tomorrow. are they safe at 11.1??? anyone???
Depends what winch controller you have. The standard one is six volts max.
The HV will do 2S Lipo
The relay controllers will do whatever voltage you are comfortable running to your winch.

If you need more details, there is a link in my sig.

That's a nice looking winch you have there!

I wonder what the motor spec are as far as voltage , Its to me seems like 3 cell to something that small wouldn't take to long to make some magic smoke.:shock:

ok, just posted up a tear down...Here

Thank you for the tear down willipmartinni. "thumbsup" Just as I suspected the motor/gear unit is basically the same as the competition. Which will make for an easy and inexpensive replacement.

I see what you're saying about running two motors. But to run two motors you'll have to buy two winches with one for the extra parts. I wonder if the additional motor would increase the power of the winch? I'd buy another one, but I'm not crazy about the looks of the heat sync on the one end. Let alone having two of those ugly things on either side. If there was a better looking sync option I would definitely do it. Going this route would also give you a sweet looking dummy winch as well.

Or as a possible alternative, is there a bigger motor that can be used? Since the motor is not housed in a case there's plenty of room for a bigger motor.

i just bench tested mine, looks cool as hell for sure, mine wouldnt pick the front of my roller off the ground about 2 inches before stalling, hooked up a rc4wd winch up and it picked up the roller until i stopped it, running 3s with a bec set 7volts so mine is gonna be used for the scale look factor

i just bench tested mine, looks cool as hell for sure, mine wouldnt pick the front of my roller off the ground about 2 inches before stalling, hooked up a rc4wd winch up and it picked up the roller until i stopped it, running 3s with a bec set 7volts so mine is gonna be used for the scale look factor

once again bro... switch the motors...

seen a few of these floating around and they do look beefy!! wish they could pack the punch of a servo winch in a tiny design ... if anything great dummy! nice find russ, and nice write up"thumbsup"

Last edited:
russ is there a picture of the backside anywhere? im just used to seeing the motor on the left side(looking at it) are there holes drilled in the back to flip it around??

I've had one of these for a while now.
The motor and gearbox is identical to those used in 3racing, rc4wd and CLAW winches. Quality may vary, but its the same 298:1 motor/gearbox design.

Pololu - Pages Matching "micro gearmotor"

I bought 1 standard winch, and 1 wireless winch.
Put simply... Don't waste your money on the wireless one.
Using the same winch on the same voltage... I could not stop the winch when it was on the basic switch, even with the line wrapped around my hand.
However, on the wireless controller it simply did not have any power and was easily stopped with two fingers holding onto the hook.

I will most likely build a dual motor winch from my two.

I've had one of these for a while now.
The motor and gearbox is identical to those used in 3racing, rc4wd and CLAW winches. Quality may vary, but its the same 298:1 motor/gearbox design.

I don't know why everyone refers to the RC4WD one as the "original", because you're right - they are all identical. probably from the same factory like a lot of other aftermarket stuff. That said, I noticed you get the cool bolts from RC4WD but you get more color choices with Integy

TopCad has a New model out... 5kg version. The motor is nearly the size of the winch itself :D

Isn't topcad and integy basically the same?

Well here's the skinny..........

Hong Kong makes ton's of RC parts
Yes RC4WD, Integy and many others sell many things made in "HK"
These companies just print their name on them to make them their's

I just got my order today
These and many other Products are available on SuperShafty.com

v84x4-44419-albums2557-45027.jpg

Regards Rick

Back