• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Indys VS4-10

I went searchin links again lol. The first 2 pics is the style yall said looked better before. The last pic is the ones i just came across. Wat do yall think of these?
bc8012082448b217c10d95cd74788841.jpg
a8acbbba97083d139afa99c14fdd90c1.jpg
6a662fe87963687811f2a7d28fc3d229.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

Well, tiny update at the moment. I ended up goin with the set of links i found the other day. Kinda like them better than the ones with all round holes. I done a rough view of them on my scx10 ii, they may be to long to do the front the way i had planned, but i think the rear will work out pretty good. Wish i could find these a tad bit shorter lol
648c92b3c22e2a944a4951f666fd5a57.jpg

Im havin a hard time not startin this build lol. So many ideas boilin my head, but i dont have all the parts i need to even begin. Plus its not winter yet lol, although it did finally cool down here a bit n we got rain after over 4 months drought.

In the midst of fivhtin my urge to build the VS4, ive been piddlin around with my old scx10 axles n have managed to rummage thru parts n build another rig. Think im goina give it to my father in law. Tryin to decide wat batts to run in it so i can put the batt plug on it. Needs a batt tray yet, ive got some flysky gt2c rxs but gotta get the tx for them. Not sure if the motor is any good, got it in a parts lot buy. If not, a good ol HH trailmaster will b on order. Got a hw1080 esc to power it
6fcc7abfedaa3572b4e87f1d055fa869.jpg
692a2751e1cddf43e3230a62e8161d27.jpg

Nice spare parts rig!

Hey what color is that? Tamiya Champagne gold?
Im not sure, it was that color wen i got it lol. I had bought a lot of 4 bodies n i kept that one for just such occasion. Got a rx comin for a dx2e n it should be good to go. Debatin on gettin a lil better servo for it too.

Im not sure, it was that color wen i got it lol. I had bought a lot of 4 bodies n i kept that one for just such occasion. Got a rx comin for a dx2e n it should be good to go. Debatin on gettin a lil better servo for it too.

Sounds like a good spot for a $20 Amazon servo.

I need to get with u n get some of them topher builds stickers lol

Haha, I need to get some more made. But if you do want some I’ll gladly send a few your way when I order some. "thumbsup"

Sounds like a good spot for a $20 Amazon servo.

Haha, I need to get some more made. But if you do want some I’ll gladly send a few your way when I order some. "thumbsup"
I like those powerhd servos, theyve done really well for me so far. I did manage to strip the gears in one, but it was a nasty hit it took wen my m/t cartwheeled lol. Havent tryd the amazon ones yet but ive seen good reveiws. May have to try one out.

Sounds like a plan, just let me know wen u get some in.

No update yet, still workin on gatherin more parts, if i could ever get caught up on bills lol.

So ive been really debatin on usin this chassis kit to freshin up my scx10 ii n just buy another for this build.

Thoughts on that idea?

I got a bit curious as to how my idea for links would work. So i pulled my scx10 ii out to see how it was goina turn out. I think its goina work out pretty good. I may need to come up with a added center skid, not sure yet. I didnt get any pics, didnt wanna give away my idea lol.

Im on my way to gettin axles soon. Then to get the vfd kit. The closer i get, the more anxious im gettin lol. If it wasnt for havin to buy a new phone this weekend, id had enuf for the axles. But this thing is so danged slow, it takes forever to load the forum n vids sometimes. More updates to come, thanks for checkin in yall!

Hey Gang, Adam and I have been talking for a couple weeks about me building a new front axle for his build. Being a budget build for this young man, I thought I would take it on. So mailed this to him yesterday. "thumbsup"

But let me back track a little. I started out the project at the lathe and solder table. 1/4 and 1/8th brass pipe.

Of course I'm using some SSD and Vanquish parts.

So the axle is built to the measurements of the Vanquish offset axle so Adam will be able to use it with his new VS4-10 Pro Tranny. "thumbsup"

I had the new unused rear axle left over from my Pro build so I gave him a good price for both. "thumbsup"

Have fun Adam! ;-)
Ernie

Hey yall, been awhile... Lifes been busy.

Much appreciation to mr ernie! Fantastic job on the front axle. Ive not had alot of time to work on the truck, but have got a little done.

My idea for the lower links isnt goina work, itll hinder ground clearance if any thing. I went with the "husky" links for the scx10 ii. Only issue i had with them was the front upper link. Its a touch to long, although it would give a straighter angle to the transfer case.

I used the pitbull 1.9 combat wheels i won awhile back with a set of vanquish vtx tires. Temporary mounted for now. Ive got to order the vfd trans here soon. Its comin together slowly, but im able to take my time n do it right lol

Ernie that axle came out great! Very cool of you to fan that up for him. Does it use VP universals?

@indy nothing wrong with taking your time on a build, looks to be a good one you have in process.

Thanks topher. I tryed to post up pics from my fone earlier but it wouldnt do it. I dont have tapatalk rite now.

Ernie that axle came out great! Very cool of you to fan that up for him. Does it use VP universals?

@indy nothing wrong with taking your time on a build, looks to be a good one you have in process.

Thanks, "thumbsup" Got to take care of my buddies! Yes on the VP universals. ;-)
Ernie

Hey yall, little update. Sorry no pics at the moment. Finally able to order parts the other day. Got my castle mamba x esc/castle 2850kv motor combo n 6 bolt locker saturday. My vfd trans kit, ssd o/d gears, n fast eddy axle bearings should be here tomorrow. Ive gotta order the vfd batt tray n inner fender set yet.

Still have a little work to do on my codyboy front axle. Ernie suggested a set screw or 2 for the c-hubs for extra security.

I was goina use the trx4 shocks, but they just dont seem to fit quite rite for my taste. So im givin the desert lizard shocks a try. Went with the silver/grey set.

Gettin ansy to get this rig together lol, but im doin my best to take my time n not rush things. Im still tryin to get the panhard rite on the front axle. Its either to long n pushes to one side or to short n pulls to the other side. So i think my best bet is to wait til i have some weight on the suspension to try n get it rite.

Off topic, i was at harbor frieght yesterday n picked up a few things. Got a 40" straight edge, some small zipties, n found a metric tap n die set at a discount. It was a open/damaged package deal. The long tap handle is missing, but thats not to big of a deal.

Thanks for checkin in yall, have a great rest of yalls weekend. Hope to have more updates soon

Mornin yall! I got to thinkin n since im havin issues postin pics, i made a vid. Now, its not the best quality since i used my phone. Plus its my first talked in vid lol, so please b easy on me.

Still have alot of work to do. Ive got to order bumpers, driveshafts, seats, etc. But its comin along nicely.

Hope yall enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/IJeMpBKoV58

Nice little run down. That axle looks great in there. Ernie did a heck of a job on it. I like the wheel and tire combo with the white lettering also.

Nice little run down. That axle looks great in there. Ernie did a heck of a job on it. I like the wheel and tire combo with the white lettering also.

Thank u topher! Ernie done a fanominal job with the front axle. It spins smooth as butter. Ive heard alot of good about the vxt tires, so thought id give them a shot. I really like the pb rock beast though. I just used a paint pen to highlight the letters. Done the same thing for the milled look on the wheels too.

Back