• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Indybama's monster build

The fling kings are a mud truck type tire. The PL brawlers/destroyer tires are nice. Theyre plush like they should be. I do remember havin an issue with clearance behind them though, they rubbed the lower links. But im goin to try the trailing arms this time n see if that makes a difference

Yep, I was thinking Fling Kings since the kids like to play in the mud. But I do love the look of the Destroyers. PL doesn’t make their 2.6” MT wheels anymore so I guess it’s JConcepts there.

A SW4 and a 1410-3800 have been sitting for 2 years now probably so that’ll be my power plant. Should be spicy enough on 2s for the kids. What motor are you thinking?

Congrats on the SMT, I did the same on the last sale. Built initially with 2.6 clod tires it was a disaster. All kinds of driveline issues, even with all the usual hop ups on the axles. I've stepped down to a set of 2.2 destroyers for a while now... great tires, and far less stress on the drivetrain. A bit small, but not too bad. AR60's were just never designed for huge 2.6 tires imo, they just don't handle them well. Very happy I dropped down to 2.2's, I haven't had a failure since. 2200kv 550 on 3S all day long. Not sure they even make these tires anymore... :(

old, very clean pic
20200630-132218-SM.jpg

I like those 2.2 destroyers but can’t find them except for on obscure websites. I think that’s why I’m leaning a little more towards the Fling Kings or Renegade Jrs.

Congrats on the SMT, I did the same on the last sale. Built initially with 2.6 clod tires it was a disaster. All kinds of driveline issues, even with all the usual hop ups on the axles. I've stepped down to a set of 2.2 destroyers for a while now... great tires, and far less stress on the drivetrain. A bit small, but not too bad. AR60's were just never designed for huge 2.6 tires imo, they just don't handle them well. Very happy I dropped down to 2.2's, I haven't had a failure since. 2200kv 550 on 3S all day long. Not sure they even make these tires anymore... :(

old, very clean pic
20200630-132218-SM.jpg

Good lookin monster rig OSRC! Wat size are those tires to the outside? Ill measure mine later today. May have to get some 2.2s instead. This may be a slow rebuild, i wanna pick up some upgrade parts before i start puttin her together.

Not sure on the motor yet. Ive got a sw3 layin in a box brand new. Ill have to see wat motors ive got layin around

Smallish, about 5.4 inches. If they were about 1 inch taller with the same width, they'd be perfect imo.
The destroyers i have are about 5.75, so not much difference. But they are a bit wider than the bkt tires that came on the smt. I may try n run them again. If i run into issues again, i may get a new set of wheels n tires. Or just the tires since ive got new 2.2 wheels. But i also thought about doin a 17mm hex n run some 2.8 wheels ntires for the stampede 4x4, or maybe revo 3.8s, theyre about the same height as the destroyers

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk

I got the SMT10 together this weekend and gave it a shakedown using a set of stock Bomber tires I has laying around. On 2s with the 3800kv, everything stayed ICE cold but also wasn't that fast. Speed calc shows about 16mph which seems about right and was a great speed for the kids. Overall happy with this thing at the moment. The kids want a body for it now....

I havent had a chance to look at wat motors ive got layin around yet. Been workin over all week. The 2s n 3800kv sounds like a good setup for kids. Got my eye on some parts i wanna get before i start buildin mine though

Back