• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Indybama's monster build

As far as the wheelies go, might be geared little too low. What's the top speed? That motor is a low kv for a monster truck on 3s. Could try using 4s if you have one and everything is rated for it. Or maybe the slipper is to loose? Anyways looks nice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Thanks steve! Not sure top speed. I figured goin lower kv would give me better results. My p4de has a 2150kv in it n i can do standing backflips at times. I may go with a lil higher kv. Thanks for the insight, much appreciated!

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

I totally dig this truck! Great running video. Seems pretty peppy for such a low KV. 3200 KV on 3s, and you'll be popping wheelies no problem. But you would have to beef up the drivetrain a bit

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk
Thanks max-d! Not very good at drivin n recordin a vid at same time lol. Wat u think bout a 1950kv? Im limited to 60mm long can. Slipper is tightened all way down. If i change motors ill back the slipper off. The axles are aluminum, as is the trans with all metal gears. Only plastic in the drivetrain is the driveshafts. Thanks for the input, very helpful n much appreciated!

I love the old, real truck monster trucks as well.

Are you getting the speed and power you desire?

I love the old, real truck monster trucks as well.

Are you getting the speed and power you desire?
Not yet. Im runnin a tenshock rc906 1250kv, in the vid i was runnin 17/50 gears. I just swapped to 17/54 to see if it gets any better. If not, i found a hobby king 1950kv short course motor. If it wasnt for limited motor space, id get another goolrc 2150kv like ive got in my p4de. Im assuming the tenshock is more of a crawler based motor n wont turn near like say the SC motor.

Would the difference in the tenshock being a 6 pole vs the hobby king being a 4pole have any effect in performance?

Id still like to go 4s, but like i said, im limited to 60mm long can...

Heres the Tenshock im runnin now...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/172189519272

Heres the hobby king im lookin at...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/171915076781

I got curious guys n gals. I went back to the way i had it set up for 4-6s in the first place (motor only rated 3-4s, so only runnin 4s). My gearing was 17/54 on this test run. I think if i drop it down to 15/54 ita b close to where i want it. I got it to pull a wheelie one time n it was perfect! Never touched the rearend to the ground n went every bit of 3-4ft before it went back down. It was runnin great, then i lost steering... I thought for sure i either fried somethin or the brand new servo went out on me, but i got lucky. The 2 screws on the knuckle failed. Looks like one broke n the other just backed itself out n fell out. Easy fix on steering, but now i gotta pull the gear cover so i can swap out pinions
c7a4eff331eb38481115942357efadc1.jpg
5366ec2b894c0fe6a6dd75ed83bc6414.jpg

If it aint one thing, its another! 15t pinion didnt help with wheelies, so back to the 17t. Lost the rear driveshaft, thankfully i found it. Locktited them, guess thats watvi get for assuming the person before me already done it... Get that fixed, go for another test run n ill b danged if disaster didnt hit me once the freak again! Left rear tire came off! N yes, it looked just like on monster jam lol. It came off n rolled across the yard as the rear end dropped n drug thru the ground to a stop smh. So now we wait for a new set of wheels n tires... Gettin the PL brawlers n the PL destroyer tires.

So aggrevatin wen u get so close to where u want it n BAM it decides to go its own way n blow your hopes outta the water. But thats the name of the game huh?. Guess i can look at it in a positive way, gives me time to button up some of the wires n make sure EVERY daggum screw is tight or licktited. Maybe order some small blingy stuff for some more accent lol.

Hope yall have a better weekend than I lol!
0d15a305356c4de37d5da4c8a9dfd69c.jpg
5937349cb3e374e7ea1decc5deece4b8.jpg

I have the same issues with a wheel falling off every once in awhile, even with brand new lock nuts. I just carry the 7mm nut driver in my pocket and check all four every 5 minutes or so, or if I land wonky off of a jump. It is pretty cool to watch a wheel go rolling across the ground just like in Monster Jam. I just laugh every time it happens

Sounds like your problems this weekend are the good types.

I envision this wheelies coming off the line. Am I offbase? Curious whether there is a Any ESC/motor combos that can provide both a somewhat smooth low end for ‘crawling’ and wheelie acceleration mid band?

I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I have never worked with 4s+ power.

It’s a fun looking project. Thanks for putting it up.

It wasnt from losin the wheel nut though lol. It pulled it thru the wheel. I just ordered a set of PL brawler wheels n PL destroyer tires for her.

Also, i talked to my rc brother in MO n he gave me some second opinion advice on link mounts. Im goina make some plates to move the upper links, which in turn will make room for a longer can motor. Opens up more options. But more on that a lil later lol

Sounds like your problems this weekend are the good types.

I envision this wheelies coming off the line. Am I offbase? Curious whether there is a Any ESC/motor combos that can provide both a somewhat smooth low end for ‘crawling’ and wheelie acceleration mid band?

I apologize in advance for my ignorance. I have never worked with 4s+ power.

It’s a fun looking project. Thanks for putting it up.
Im lookin at maybe goin sensored. Thatd give good 'crawl' control n i think i can get some wheelie pullin power n speed as well. I had a good wheelie earlier n then disaster lol. Still workin out the bugs, but shes comin along.

Its been a fun build so far. Not only for me, but hopefully for the ones reading n keepin up with it. I know its not a great story like jato or some of the others on here lol.

I appreciate all the kind words n replies!

I run a generic 3900kv motor (2 or 4 pole, but I think 4) on 2S and it'll wheelie from a dead stop no problem. It's not as fast as I'd like, but 3S changes that.

I run a generic 3900kv motor (2 or 4 pole, but I think 4) on 2S and it'll wheelie from a dead stop no problem. It's not as fast as I'd like, but 3S changes that.
Thats y i wanna go 4s lol

Hey yall, lil update. Got my PL brawlers n PL destroyers in today. Got the wheels all screwed together n tires mounted but not glued. They look good i think. Goina have to get some widener for the ar60s. Stock width they rub the bed at full compression n rub the front of the body at full turn at ride height. Theyre ALOT wider than the smt10 tires n just a hair bit taller. They kinda remind me of spreader tires, which gave me an idea for another build lol. May have to look into that idea later down the road. Here some pics i took for yall today. Wat yall think?
750002db19fc039a60e721edba816e1d.jpg
01cb822d6266c178e49800b3471723d9.jpg
d92d382e9b993930fb67fe4831ba8e78.jpg
fe88a16d5ce544fba114429a11ad42b0.jpg
acb402eb46b2e7c3346bfdf011302be0.jpg
79abd0faf3a6e36f3cf6e22bcca4edf5.jpg

Thank u max-d! I like it myself as well. Goina order some wheel extensions tomorrow. Cant wait to drive her again lol. Sittin over on the bench hollarin 'drive me, drive me' lmbo

Thank u max-d! I like it myself as well. Goina order some wheel extensions tomorrow. Cant wait to drive her again lol. Sittin over on the bench hollarin 'drive me, drive me' lmbo

You can drive it, just don't jump or turn. LOL. Can't wait to see some running video of this.

Back