• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

How-To:Cutting with thread

that is sweet. now i dont have to be scared of making a misstake on cuting my bodies....wow that makes it sound like i cut my self..lol thanks for the tip.

Yea Exacto Knives can be a pain.......I did this with an Exacto knife

IMG_1916_ouch.JPG

Just tried this, it works awesome! For those of you who are going to try it, take your time and be patient. When I first tried it, I got frustrated and gave up. I watched pantablo's video and that helped a lot. Just take your time. Your going to break a lot of thread but you'll figure it out. Thanks a lot Beckworks, save me a trip to the E.R. and a nasty looking body!

Great idea! Have you tried dental floss? It should be stronger than thread. I used to use it to remove emblems on cars without hurting the paint or messing up the emblem. It's an old paint and body trick for 1.1 vehicles.

You have now inspired me to try this trick for freeing up ESCs and receivers held down with servo tape. Prying them off with a screwdriver always seems so brutal (and it scratches the mounting surface).......

Narly1

i wish iwould have read this before hackingup my last body. quick question, does this work on all plastic bodies, soft & rigid?

thanks for the cool tip"thumbsup"

I first saw this done on project Clampy, seeing as how good it turned out 2 days later i find the thread about it. Im very happy i ran across this trick and cant wait to try it on my first scaler...Better yet i have a 1:18 Nylint scorpion sittin here im working on and wanna get rid of some body panels... MOM !!!!!!!!!! "wheres your thread" lmfao. Thanks for the post gonna try it A.S.A.P.

wow

that's awesome to know
instead of using the saws and stuff im gonna do this
and im gonna tell my brother to do the same

you should build one of those model motors and put right there so it will be scale
nice job on cutting out the hood

Great tip

That is the best thing I've seen on this site so far. I can't believe it. I know for a fact that I've ruined several bodies by cutting to far.

Yes thread works - i did it a long time ago on my plastic models - back in the 80's - a friends father showed me how - and i can say it does work

Would it work for cutting tires?

Find some worn out tires and try it "thumbsup" i would imagine so though. The only problem would be the thread filling up with rubber.

@grimgard: ouch. i've done the same thing. i nicked the tendon half way through. if you're not in a brace i'm guessing you got away lucky :) good luck bro

I love this website, too much info is never bad.... I will try this out on my new Bronco Body to cut the side windows out....

Thanks for the tip/info "thumbsup"

I'm going to give this a shot on my bug body. It's almost 2mm thick! lets see how tough thread really is. "thumbsup"

Back