• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hobbywing Quicrun Waterproof 1080 Brushed Crawling ESC

Well, I de-cased one. It's a total pain in the ass. I'll post more pics and details later but here's the result. I was right, the entire inside is filed with conformal coating.

0273B454-F05B-4CAC-8D4F-4943CE48C1CE_zpsz7i9zo0r.jpg

FA7A2E5F-66C6-4D41-8032-2DE3135046C7_zpsvprenx1i.jpg

Is it the silicone rubbery conformal coating?

Is it the silicone rubbery conformal coating?

It's pretty soft but I'd say more resin than silicone. I've never dealt with the silicone stuff in more than just a thin layer though so maybe that's what it gets like when it's super think.

The ESC is definitely still waterproof and in stock form I'd say waterproof to the max. There's zero chance of water getting to any connections.

Well, I de-cased one. It's a total pain in the ass. I'll post more pics and details later but here's the result. I was right, the entire inside is filed with conformal coating.

While probably not great news for people hoping to make them smaller, It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling to know it's so well encased :)

Not trying to be a wiseguy, serious question. Why did you open the waterproof case then waterproof the guts?

The case isn't waterproof as standard. The electronic parts inside the case are waterproofed by a conformal coating and he hasn't tampered with that.

Mine just arrived!

It looks like great quality. The case is really nice. It would definitely aid cooling

Last edited:
Ran another comp this weekend in a brand new truck on 3S with a HH 13T Crawlmaster Pro motor.
Ran cool and great.
I need to tweak the drag brake force a little i think, it will flip forward on a good stop. Lol
Also my reverse seems to be quicker than forward. Need to look into that.

Ran another comp this weekend in a brand new truck on 3S with a HH 13T Crawlmaster Pro motor.
Ran cool and great.
I need to tweak the drag brake force a little i think, it will flip forward on a good stop. Lol
You might have to adjust your motor timing or reverse the wires going to the ESC.

HobbyWing typically has you reverse the channel 2 (throttle) on your transmitter before calibration.

You might have to adjust your motor timing or reverse the wires going to the ESC.

HobbyWing typically has you reverse the channel 2 (throttle) on your transmitter before calibration.

Heres whats odd about that.
I didnt even have to calibrate this esc when I put it on this truck.
Just hooked it up and it worked right.
Motor timing is at whatever Holmes recommends which I think is 6 degrees.
It stops and holds great just stops way to hard at times.

Heres whats odd about that.
I didnt even have to calibrate this esc when I put it on this truck.
Just hooked it up and it worked right.
Motor timing is at whatever Holmes recommends which I think is 6 degrees.
You don't HAVE to calibrate, but you SHOULD.

Yeah. Maybe I should.

lol yeah it seems an oddity that you'd post the thing ran faster in reverse without calibrating the esc from the beginning. it looks to be a quick process, also the esc LED indicates if you're getting full throttle which is an easy way to check

Dial back the drag brake to like 70% and lower the drag brake rate until yo find a nice spot. That's the beauty of this esc, you can have a strong drag brake, with a smooth engagement.

Ran cool and great.

Glad to hear more people sticking these in comp trucks. It's a comp worthy ESC. A little heavy for the hardcore guys maybe but the weight can really be cut down with some effort.

Glad to hear more people sticking these in comp trucks. It's a comp worthy ESC. A little heavy for the hardcore guys maybe but the weight can really be cut down with some effort.

Its a scale truck, class 2. Not super serious about weight, which I did want to do a really lightweight rig at the start. But that flew out the window. Lol

Quick question to those who've run their packs down to cutoff on this esc, is it a hard cutoff or does it go into a low power mode before cutting motor power totally

Cheers

Quick question to those who've run their packs down to cutoff on this esc, is it a hard cutoff or does it go into a low power mode before cutting motor power totally

Cheers

I'd be interested in this as well.. normally you'd feel a drop in power when running a buggy before you hit cutoff.. I'd assume the same would be noticeable with a crawler as well...

Mines goes into low power mode a few moments before LVC kicks in and it stops completely.

Edit: Well, guessing it's low power as there is a sudden massive drop in performance for a few moments then shortly after it cuts out completely.

Last edited:
Only one run on it, but left a good impression. Workmanship is top notch, included prog card is nice, XT60 is cool for me as I already use those.

Coming from brushless RC's, this ESC looks tiny.

For those who don't like the LVC, just get a separate alarm.

BEC is powerful enough to turn my 7955TG, at 6V anyway. I have 2 LEDs that dim veeery slightly when the servo is working. I'll try it with a cap plugged into the rx, should be even better.

Back