• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hitec 7950 possible center case Mod, time will tell......

LuckyDevil

Pebble Pounder
Last edited:
Nice DIY mod/repair to the servo."thumbsup""thumbsup"

Great looking rig as well. I'm not much of a scaler fan (not really enough time for everything) but I can really appreciate the work you did. A ton of nice little details in there.8)

Great job!"thumbsup""thumbsup"

Hey thanks......I'll give the servo fix some time and post how well it works out.
I'm glad you like my rig, she's fun.

Little update, since doing this to my servo I've had zero issues!!!! In fact hefty Nyx (almost 13lbs.) has had the Axial frame rail break where the panhard bar is mounted. Which I brazed and fixed. Typically the middle servo housing was breaking taking all the strain. Which in turn would allow the gears to wiggle and wear out fast breaking teeth

Last edited:
Hey man, awesome rig. I'm a 2.2 guy (Wraith,AX10) but starting to get into the scale stuff. Love that dual exhaust. But really like that servo mod/repair. I run the Hitec 7950 in the Wraith and now feel like I've got insurance on my servo(10 months with no breakage and the Wraith is a little over half the weight of your rig) and can drive now without reserve. Thanks for the tip Lucky D.

Very cool mod! I've broken the case on that servo in the exact same place. I'll have to try that the next time it happens...

Thanks guys! If you try it I'd be excited to hear how it works out.
I hope it helps some one out, I just got tired of fixing it and I like my truck enough I wanted to bomb proof it as much as I could.
And anything from a gold star member I'm truly honored!
Gotta love this hobby! I've very glad I've gotten back into it and found rccrawler.com. Every one here is great!

Beautiful mod on the servo. "thumbsup"

Myself and a few friends have been going through cases and gears regularly on our 7950s (gears seam to fail if you don't catch the broken case in time) We were all holding out for the 8381 full metal case Hitech was going to make, but a call to hitech confirmed that they will not be producing the servo. I tried to tell them that the crawler market needed it, but they didn't seam to care. Anyway, now I'm looking to mod my 7950. I plan on doing this mod later this week in hope of a stronger servo over all.

Glad I found this thread.

Excellent mod!

I have never paid attention to the problems with my servos. I always assumed when the output got sloppy that it was just the bearings. I think it has always been the case that broke.

I checked out my 2.2 and my super today. Both were broke! I did this mod (a bit different) and the steering feels better than new! Thanks!

this should be a sticky can we possibly have a mod do this ?

thanks for that tip now i gotta go check my servos

Thanks guys! I'm glad I came up with something that'll help out. Erik D Lux feel free to post what you did. I would love to see it. And thanks for your products!
These servos aren't cheap and worth beefing up.

Back