• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

HG P407 First Impression and mods

Sluggo2u

Hello.

I recently purchased one of these units. I've always had my eye on the Bruiser and Mountaineer but like many of you there was no way I was forking out that kinda dough for one.

When this unit came along I thought what the hell. It seemed to get pretty decent reviews.

Upon arrival the box was quickly violated and the contents put to work.

The steering absolutely sucked. The only way to get any kind of turn out of it was to go into reverse. Unfortunately, reverse was short lived as the ESC went up in smoke within about 5 minutes.

I have ordered a hobbywing crawler ESC, a new receiver so I can use my FS-IT4S, (yes the RTR radio is a turd) and a new servo.

I am at this very moment printing a servo mount that I hope will mount the servo as close to horizontal as possible on the front crossmember.

I had to move the shocks to the back of the axle and swap the pittman arm to the opposite side. I will explain all this better as I get into it and have verified it will work.

Other mods I'm doing so far:
Removed oversized bumpers, printed a new rear bumper.
Removed goofy @$$ half cab and got a Mountaineer rear window off ebay.
Sketched up and printed a roll bar to replace goofy @$$ half cab.

Attachments

• mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,396
  • bar.jpg
    bar.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 2,453
  • bar2.jpg
    bar2.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 2,317
  • bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2,509
  • mount2.jpg
    mount2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 2,434
how is the servo mount coming along? I could use that for mine if you decide to share.

Back