• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

help!-- Torque twist

You will never get rid of TT.
4 link helps but it is a characteristic of a shaft driven truck. O/D and U/D will help as well

in the end ive put loads more weight in my front wheels, this seems to have helped loads but i'll take the other advice on board. 8)

That will kind of help TT, but mainly just keeps the front end on the ground.

Have you found the suspension tech thread that is stickied to the top of one of these sections? I forget exactly which one it is...either the noob or general...

edit: its actually in this section, second thread down from the top. Click on it, then click on the link in the first post. Pick a topic and start reading.

You will never get rid of TT.
4 link helps but it is a characteristic of a shaft driven truck. O/D and U/D will help as well

True, true, and true.

A little is always there.

Last edited:
Since torque twist is such a common problem I thought it would be worth adding some more info/opinion of the topic.

If you have a RTR or near stock rig, the first adjustment you should consider to reduce the effects of torque twist is, in my opinion, to install a stiffer left rear spring. Those who have said thicker fluid (it's not oil) or more pre-load won't help are partially correct. Thicker fluid won't really do a thing, but pre-load on the left rear will help--a little. It's also free. A stiffer left rear spring will also help a lot. Try it. If you're worried that having an odd spring in the rear will cause wacky handling, install stiff springs on both rear shocks. Odds are you'll love the setup.

Since torque twist is such a common problem I thought it would be worth adding some more info/opinion of the topic.

If you have a RTR or near stock rig, the first adjustment you should consider to reduce the effects of torque twist is, in my opinion, to install a stiffer left rear spring. Those who have said thicker fluid (it's not oil) or more pre-load won't help are partially correct. Thicker fluid won't really do a thing, but pre-load on the left rear will help--a little. It's also free. A stiffer left rear spring will also help a lot. Try it. If you're worried that having an odd spring in the rear will cause wacky handling, install stiff springs on both rear shocks. Odds are you'll love the setup.

After doing a few tweaks (weighting etc.....) ive seemed to eliminate it quite well, also my rig already comes with a stiffer spring "thumbsup"

Back