• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Hecklers Sudu Pro

Heckler

Quarry Creeper
Not much of a "Build" thread, more of a "Built" thread.

I originally built up my 1st MOA with these axles on a Secret Agent Chassis but before I even finished it I picked up the Sudu Chassis, I never really got a good feel from the SA so for this season I decided to swap everything over to the Sudu chassis, I feel like I have better control with the Sudu even though I cant drive worth a crap it's fun trying.... Everyone at the last comp I went to really liked this rig so I thought I would share it with you all.

Total weight with 600mah 3s battery and Voodoo Pins is 3.98 lbs.

Build List:

Sudu Pro Chassis by DravTech
Dlux Superlight axles
Kyosho Red Velvet Shocks
Lightened VP Beadlocks (I picked these up in the classifides, the Mill/Lathe work on these is fantastic and they are really light).
Voodoo Pins, gold and silver (Stock untouched Rovers in the poser shots).
Holmes Hobbies Puller 500's
Holmes Hobbies Dual BR Minis with BEC
Hitec 7950

Most everything in Titanium I made and anodized gold (except the screws, links are from DravTech but needed reworking to get proper lengths):

Lundsford Ti hardware throughout
Custom Ti spacers made from 1/4" Ti rod, center tapped to eliminate the zip ties. (The spacers are between 1-2 grams heavier than the delrin spacers but much stiffer and do not bow from the stiffness of the carbon chassis).
Custom milled Titanium battery plate.
All electronics (less battery and servo) are in the belly of the skid.

Enjoy..

Here is how she sits finished and skinless...
Sudu221.jpg

Sudu22.jpg

Sudu222.jpg

Sudu223.jpg

Sudu224.jpg

Last edited:
It is a very nicely detailed rig. Nice job Larry!

I'll give you some measurements for my new TI cross braces"thumbsup"

It's always a pleasure watching this truck

You definitely have me interested in that battery mount though. I'll check it out next time we have a nor cal comp. "thumbsup"

Great color coordination those Kyosho's look great with the gold pc on the links.
Really nice and well thought out rig "thumbsup"

that is a sweet ride,,
same as mine,, only the wheels and tires are different from my build,, and the gold bling
So I know that right there is a extreme good crawler,, he he he

Back