• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
I apologize on putting Grizz in the wrong class Chris. It wont happen again.:mrgreen:. Dude some much has changed on this truck since the last time I held it in my hands. Its amazing how far along its transformed. Awesome work man.

I'll attend an event one day, I promise you that.
I look forward to it.
If you need a stock ratio HD gear set pm me.
Thanks a bunch Clay, but Highmark sent me a PM and he is going to bring an extra one with him to NWSC. "thumbsup"
Your running KOL - I think I am playing GoPro rig and following....

I have one we could mount on the back too.
I'll have one in the cab so we can have all views. :ror:
That would mean I would have to fight the wraith in front of him....
I think I will be doing good to keep up and on wheels and not roof.
:ror:

Wow, big update in one day! Killer work Grizzle! Although i'm on the other side of the axle debate (I like it cleaner looking), I still like how it all came together. Nice job!

I really appreciate hearing from the boys offering their help to get this beast rolling strong. You find out who your friends are..."thumbsup"

Wow, big update in one day! Killer work Grizzle! Although i'm on the other side of the axle debate (I like it cleaner looking), I still like how it all came together. Nice job!

I really appreciate hearing from the boys offering their help to get this beast rolling strong. You find out who your friends are..."thumbsup"
Thanks Bulldog. Yep, different tastes but there's nothing wrong with that. 8)

That's why I try and go to these events even though they cost me a bunch of money and the work kills me. It's worth it to meet up with these guys who I've become friends with through RCC. "thumbsup"

Re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKs(Paint and interior updates pg

Cleaned up the axle and sealed all the gaps and holes with epoxy to keep crud out from under the truss. I also painted the inside of the truss before I welded it.
IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

Installing the Vanquish BEEF.
IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

6.5oz bare housing
13oz fully dressed
IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg
Grizz you are my hero, i dig how the key ingredients for your build are i and me....the few the proud, the builders.

Re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKs(Paint and interior updates pg

If you start the day you get back, you'll be ready for next year "thumbsup"
If I do that I'll have plenty of time because I'll be single again. :ror:
Grizz you are my hero, i dig how the key ingredients for your build are i and me....the few the proud, the builders.
Yer gettin' me all choked up.
Thanks kila, I really appreciate it. 8)

Not much to report tonight, lots of soldering. Winch connectors, BEC connectors, battery connectors, motor wires and connectors.
I shot the first coat of paint on the body as well but no pics till it's done.

See this is nice and seriously Chris, you have taken way too much time away from this precious hobby to do Guido up.

Get that surgery wrapped up and lets dance!

Keep chugging along. I'm itching to buy more stuff but broke lol. 4 hobbies sucks.

Can't wait for updates
Still chugging. "thumbsup"
See this is nice and seriously Chris, you have taken way too much time away from this precious hobby to do Guido up.

Get that surgery wrapped up and lets dance!
:ror: Thanks Norm. 8)

Oh, yes, dance we will indeed. "thumbsup"

Worked all night last night until 4:30am finishing the interior and getting the electronics mounted and squared away.
Been working on the rear axle today. Thank goodness for Juan trading me for the beef tubes. Even though they took half the day to install, I'd still have to built a servo mount and truss, no way that would happen.

Where we are right now. Paint is drying on the rear axle, conformal coating is about dry on the Pro4 sensor board, paint is dry on the skidplate now.

Gotta cut the hood to clear the blower, paint it, grease up the trans, put the motor back together and install. I need to extend my short rx antenna, then I think it's final details like the snorkel, etc. If I have time I'm gonna pull the shocks and put fresh oil in. It's gonna be close.......as usual. :ror:

Attachments

• IMG_0061 (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0061 (Custom).JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,309
New meats look good Chris! Personally I'm not feeling the blue graphics. but that's just me any other ideas? Other than that looking good as usual. good luck bro!

Not feeling the graphic either. I'm digging the plain panels. Gold leaf for the lettering might be cool, or just a nice pinstripe using the bronze color.
You can take some of the aluminum thin gauge sheet and cut it into small 1" long pieces and various widths. Bend them to get different curves and profiles and use the edge as a "paint brush". Dip the edge in the desired paint color then use them as stamps to make scale pinstripe designs. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348459509.064083.jpg
Make sense?

I Like the Graphics,,But Its Not For Guido,It Just Doesnt Fit The Personality of The Rig,That Thing Looks Killer Murdered Out,,If anything Else ,Maybe Something Simple,, A Pinstripe Along The Body Line,, Or Something Like That,,,Only My .02 ..I cant Wait For That Box To Arrive...

The purple and green was always my favorite, but I'm keeping an open mind this go around
I liked the purple and green too. Just wanted a new look though to go with this rebuild.
New meats look good Chris! Personally I'm not feeling the blue graphics. but that's just me any other ideas? Other than that looking good as usual. good luck bro!
I thought it would look good, but I agree with you DJ. I'm just not feeling it.

My original plan for this was a green cage with black panels. Then I saw the graphics and thought they would look great so I thought the copper cage would work with them.
I like that it looks sinister with the semi-gloss black and the copper cage. I think it works well with the pissed off look of the front end.

I've got some other ideas to spice it up a bit, we will see if they work.

Back