• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKS(Paint and interior updates pg53)

Hobby lobby sells it in rolls, I believe it is .050". I have two of them at home. Used it to make body panels with when forming over a buck.

Have you looked into craft foils? You might try a place like Michael's or Hobby Lobby:

Aluminum Craft Foil for Embossing & tooling : All Sizes & FAST SHIPPING

edit* Dang, Harley beat me to it!!

It just hit me. I was wanting to skin my lexan body panels in aluminum but the .016" is too thick. That .005" would be perfect to glue to the lexan and give me the look of aluminum body panels. "thumbsup"
Thanks for the brain kickstart guys. :ror:

re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKS(Paint and interior updates pg53)

So are you saying that you like the .016" or you want something thinner, but yet thicker than .005"?

This is .010":

Aluminum Sheet Craft Metal: All Sizes FAST SHIPPING
I'm perfectly happy with .016" for things like roof panels, floor panels, and the dash panels. It's strong enough to be structural but is easy to cut and shape.
I'm not sure why everyone is telling me to use something different to be honest. :ror:

I checked Tower, onlinemetals, and Mcmaster, nobody shows anything thinner than the .016" sheet I am using from the hardware store. You guys are smokin crack. :ror:

I'm not sure why everyone is telling me to use something different to be honest. :ror:

From the post above, I thought you were looking for something thinner.

Nope, people were just suggesting a thinner material. I guess because it took me a few tries to get the dash panels made right.

Just the same, the discussion found a solution to a different problem with the body panels. Nothing like a good discussion/brainstorming session to get the brain working. "thumbsup"

Think of it this way Guido is like a boy that is growing, changing and getting stronger as he gets older......

Rob
Exactamundo! "thumbsup"

Just such an epic build, more so over the years. It's a testament to your skills Chris that you've been able to evolve Guido around so many different set-ups and still make it work and look great. I think you'll have as good a chance as any for concourse. Guido is a fan favourite. That, plus we all know you'll end up doing work and get Guido where you want it. Who needs sleep? :mrgreen:

That's what I thought too.......smoked too much CRACK I guess:flipoff::lmao:

Anyhoo, let's address that drill bit walk then. How about one of these...Roper Whitney punch. I love mine!
0012_049.JPG

I think you'll have as good a chance as any for concourse. Guido is a fan favourite. That, plus we all know you'll end up doing work and get Guido where you want it. Who needs sleep? :mrgreen:
Thanks Chris.
This interior is a good example, rebuilding doesn't net me any more scale points. I just couldn't stop myself from redoing it. Sleep is overrated, although as I get older the all-nighters take more of a toll on me. :ror:
That's what I thought too.......smoked too much CRACK I guess:flipoff::lmao:

Anyhoo, let's address that drill bit walk then. How about one of these...Roper Whitney punch. I love mine!
View attachment 206010
:ror:

Hey, we've got one like that here at work..........I'll need to be borrowing it. Great idea. "thumbsup"

Flanger and hole punch combo - love that tool.

thats one hell of a rig you got there bro nice to see Guido getting back in action love the whole build like to see this rig in TTC you came along ways on this build. like the lights set up in the back wheels and everything else keep up the good work bro."thumbsup"

Well, the last couple weeks have been a nightmare. Some problems came up at work and I've been working late, including some 16 hour days, been trying to make it to some of Cody's football practices, had some dirt I had to move at the house. Basically I've had no time to work on anything.

So I finally got some time this weekend and went in to the shop at work to do some work on the axles.

Set up the tubes in the mill to fit the 5x10 bearings in the end of the tube. A big thanks goes out to Juan (C*H*U*D) for his help setting up the program to do this.
IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

Made some spacers for the knuckles.
IMG_0061.jpg

Made the tapped holes for the knuckles.
IMG_0062.jpg

Rotated the part 90 degrees and drilled a hole for the set screw. This will keep the knuckle from twisting since I don't have splines. The knuckle is tapped for an M3 setscrew.
IMG_0063.jpg

Then I worked on the sheetmetal for the transmission hump/center console.
IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

Having the right tools makes things so much better. "thumbsup"
IMG_0072.jpg

Sunday I made a jig to weld my link/shock mounting brackets on properly. I spaced them wider than the AX10 axles but narrower than the Wraith axles. I set the caster at 12 degrees instead of the 18 degrees like Wraith axles and 10.5 degrees like the AX10 axles. I can adjust it later if needed.
IMG_0073.jpg

Then I spent all day Sunday fighting steering, trackbar, and winch mounting. I'm having a really hard time fitting everything at the ride height I want with any uptravel. :x
If I put the steering box inside the frame rail the winch doesn't fit and I have zero uptravel so I moved it to the outside of the frame. I may need to make a new bellcrank arm to get full steering but I won't know for sure until I figure out how to fit the trackbar in there.
IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

I made a new steering box with bearings since the old one caused major steering issues with the slop in it. I will prolly have to come up with something stronger than the brass sleeve over the brakeline. Sorry, I didn't notice the blurry pic.
IMG_0077.jpg

Front axle under the chassis. I'm trying to set Guido up with only uptravel in the shocks because I think the handling will be more predicable that way. I've always set it up with some droop before. I may have to go back to partial droop when the trackbar goes in. We will see.
IMG_0074.jpg

I'm loving the width of the axles and the look so far. "thumbsup"

Last edited:

They look really wide what wheels and foams you running with the iroks

They look really wide what wheels and foams you running with the iroks
The wheels are RPP Special Edition scale wheels from a few years ago. I think they are 1.5" wide, if I remember correctly. The foams are the stock foams with a slice of another foam to stiffen up the outer sidewall.

Nice i heard stock rc4wd foams are way stiff without trimming but may not be a problem being on a heavier rig like yours. You should check out my bug buggie build thread ive got a 1 off bug build im building but only if you want im always looking for coments from people and some of scale greats like you.

Nice i heard stock rc4wd foams are way stiff without trimming but may not be a problem being on a heavier rig like yours. You should check out my bug buggie build thread ive got a 1 off bug build im building but only if you want im always looking for coments from people and some of scale greats like you.
Yeah, they seem pretty stiff but if Guido ends up at 12 lbs again I need the sidewall support. Past experience has shown that soft memory foams don't work well under Guido. I will plan for some options and hopefully have time for testing before NWSC.

Thanks, I'll check out your thread.

Wow, all that stuff to do and you certainly made a dent.
That juan guy is sime good people too.

Wow, all that stuff to do and you certainly made a dent.
That juan guy is sime good people too.
Thanks Norm. Just getting the front axle under there was a big step. Hopefully I can nail down the front suspension and get cruising on the fab work, the planning is so time consuming.

Yes, Juan is a good egg. "thumbsup"

Yup yup, the planning sucks because as your well aware of. Plans dont go without a hitch.

Back