• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKS(Paint and interior updates pg53)

Are you just pressing the tubes in or are you also bolting. Welding around that plastic ought to be fun. I always use a water bottle with a pin hole in the cap to use as a squirt bottle.
Truss turned out nice as well as the new style roof panels.
I will drill a few holes in the outer steel tube so that I can plug weld them to the pressed in inner tubes. The truss is bolted to the pumpkin in back where you see the socket head cap screw by the diff cover. I need to put a tab on the front still. I will also run a screw down through the truss at the top of the pumpkin. That should keep everything secure.

Yeah, welding around that plastic will be a challenge. :ror: I will prolly do it at work so I can use the TIG machine.

I'm ready to see pics of this rig moving again. This is the rig that started my scale obsession.
Thanks Clay. 8)

re: Guido: Scale TTC Bronco 2012 NWSC Rebuild 49" IROKS(Paint and interior updates pg53)

Wow just when I didn't think it could get any better "thumbsup" nice to see the updates and that the True Scalers still are alive and ready to kick a$$ :twisted: keep up the awesome work!
'Oh and don't forget to have a place to mount the Scale Plate.
Rob

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic crawler!

Guido will be that crawler!

Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster!

"thumbsup"

Last edited:

I LOVE this build. I love this build. I love this build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock:"thumbsup"
:ror:
Wow just when I didn't think it could get any better "thumbsup" nice to see the updates and that the True Scalers still are alive and ready to kick a$$ :twisted: keep up the awesome work!
'Oh and don't forget to have a place to mount the Scale Plate.
Rob
Guido may be at a disadvantage due to the size of the body, compared to the comp scalers, but I think he will be able to give them a run for the money. "thumbsup"
I will have a nice open spot on the rear bumper for that sweet license plate. "thumbsup"
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic crawler!

Guido will be that crawler!

Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster!

"thumbsup"
:ror: Guido is approaching the price tag of the 6 million dollar man as well. :shock::ror:
I LOVE this build. I love this build. I love this build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you do. I am amazed and quite pleased that Guido did so well in the TTC voting. It makes me happy to see so many people still enjoy him. 8)

Thanks for the replies guys.

More wheelbase! Yes!!

Nice work Grizz, digging the updates. Mine will need to go user the knife for a couple as well before the big day!

Loving where this is going!

I want those axels bad!

More wheelbase! Yes!!

Nice work Grizz, digging the updates. Mine will need to go user the knife for a couple as well before the big day!
I think the wb will help me a ton. Can't imagine what more yours could need but I can't wait to see what it is.
Loving where this is going!

I want those axels bad!
I'm so glad I decided to do the axle upgrade. "thumbsup"

BTW, I talked to JRH last week and if all works out well we should have something real special for Guido.........:twisted:

YES!!Guido is back AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN!! haha- Kila

YES!!Guido is back AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN!! haha- Kila
Hey now, this is only the 3rd again Kila. :ror:
Nice work Grizz. Finally building that 14'er you wanted years ago!
Tru dat! When I got the big tires, a 14er was the 2nd thing to pop into my head. "thumbsup" The first thing was "DAMN!!! these tires are bad ass". :ror:

Ohh ohh, I hope HH isnt making us the sane idea I talked to him about.
Looks like I need to rethink.

Dammit, I dont have enough time to rebuild and build the FOJV.

Looking good though Chris and glad you decided to make the trip

A new HHGuidoMaster?:shock::shock::shock:

Your ability to change this rig yet still retain the "feel" is amazingly cool. Cant wait for yet another photo opp with guido.

Ohh ohh, I hope HH isnt making us the sane idea I talked to him about.
Looks like I need to rethink.

Dammit, I dont have enough time to rebuild and build the FOJV.

Looking good though Chris and glad you decided to make the trip
I don't know, I'm gonna be testing one of the new brushless motors and be running that if it works out. "thumbsup"
A new HHGuidoMaster?:shock::shock::shock:
:lmao:
Your ability to change this rig yet still retain the "feel" is amazingly cool. Cant wait for yet another photo opp with guido.
Thanks Devlin, I'm glad to hear you say that because that is exactly what I have always tried to do. "thumbsup" Can't wait for another photo op also, I still remember the pics we took with your white Bronco.

Well, it been a tough week but I've made a major decision.
Cody started football last week and he needs me to help him learn about the game. Ty leaves for college in a week or so and I have things I need to do to help her get ready to go.

As a result of my lack of time I have decided to change the direction of this rebuild. I have been trying to rebuild the dash and interior to update it and make it even more scale. I have been so focused on it I almost skipped Cody's first football practice. I was trying to work but my mind was saying "what the hell are you doing, you need to be there for him".

The amount of work I need to do to get up to speed with Norm's FOJV is insurmountable given the time I have. So I have decided to not go for the concourse award this year. Tim's pics of the TTC course made me decide that if I want to have any chance in TTC I need to focus on performance and weight reduction. I hate to do it but it makes sense, Guido has never won a driving event and Norm is basically a shoe-in IMO to win the concourse. This year I am going to simplify things on Guido and go for the best finish in KOL and TTC that I can.

I am still going to do my best to make Guido look cool, but in a much simpler way.

Re-re-re-re-re....build is looking good!

I looked a bit, but not that much...

What wheels are those?

Damn papa Griz, I dont know what to say to that.
Nothing is in stone and im still not sure if Ill be running FOJV.

But I truely understand. You have a family to attend to.

But either way, Guido has always been by far the best scaler out there with Tims, now Patricks EB.

I love Guido, so im sure the upgrades you do to make it a TTC competitor will give Guido the level up he deserves.

Shake it up Griz and bring the thunder.

Re-re-re-re-re....build is looking good!

I looked a bit, but not that much...

What wheels are those?
Those are RPP Hobby wheels. I won them in Montana several years ago and they have been on my Slash. I thought they would be a nice change for Guido and they are light.

Damn papa Griz, I dont know what to say to that.
Nothing is in stone and im still not sure if Ill be running FOJV.

But I truely understand. You have a family to attend to.

But either way, Guido has always been by far the best scaler out there with Tims, now Patricks EB.

I love Guido, so im sure the upgrades you do to make it a TTC competitor will give Guido the level up he deserves.

Shake it up Griz and bring the thunder.
Yer just being modest, the FOJV is over the top with scale goodness. I am blown away by the work you have done and I find it hard to believe there is going to be anything at NWSC that is more accurately detailed. I could be wrong I suppose, but I find it hard to believe.

I talked it over with my family and they said the same thing, shake it up, go for the driving win this year. Basically Guido will just be lacking a 3D interior and will have a 2D interior. I might pull the Parma motor out but I've still got things I can do to bring scale goodness. "thumbsup"

This will all be temporary of course, Guido will have a 3D interior again at some point. Maybe rebuild #4. :ror:

Back