• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Chris, sorry man but I don't have the extra cash right now to buy Guido... Please go ahead and sell to the next person in line. Thanks for the chance of owning a peice of RCC history at such a cheap, cheap price!

That is a fantastic looking rig. I haven't looked through the whole thread yet(40+ pages:shock:)but I have to say, that is one of the best rigs I have ever seen"thumbsup"

As I read through this again, it's easy to see that Guido is not a truck...he's a personality.

He should have his own RCC login...maybe with Chris' picture as his avatar.

As I read through this again, it's easy to see that Guido is not a truck...he's a personality.

He should have his own RCC login...maybe with Chris' picture as his avatar.

It's funny, at Nationals we were talking about how no one knows who Chris is and call him Guido.

Just re-read the whole thread with the updates. All I can say is WOW"thumbsup". What a build, mad skills and persistance to get Guido to this stage and the Concourse win.

def worth reading this whole thread from start to beginning. Lots of cool tricks and advice on this thread for sure. Chris you have one amazing trucks right there in Guido. I just love the little scale details you did especially the pitman arm on the steering, very cool! I like how it holds up to the abuse as well rather than being static functional. Great job on the Bestestest of Show award, very much deserved after all that effort and time. Get 'er dial in for 2011 MSD TTC man!

btw, where are them Hooker Headers???? :p

yah i agree i have red this thing atleast 3 time and find somthing new each time its just amazing great job

Hey Chris,

I have to say Guido looks better than ever....and that's saying a LOT! Job well done and very inspirational for my rig. "thumbsup"

I'm running into an issue on my truck and was hoping you could share your experience with me. It's looking like I'm going to have major interference with the tire and grill/headlight area when the front suspension is stuffed and especially when turned. I see you removed your grill and trimmed your fenders pretty aggressively. Did you also use bump stops to reduce any interference or was the trimming you did enough to get the travel and steering throw you wanted?

Thanks and again, great job on Guido!!

Thanks for all the great comments guys. I appreciate the support. 8)

Hey Chris,

I have to say Guido looks better than ever....and that's saying a LOT! Job well done and very inspirational for my rig. "thumbsup"

I'm running into an issue on my truck and was hoping you could share your experience with me. It's looking like I'm going to have major interference with the tire and grill/headlight area when the front suspension is stuffed and especially when turned. I see you removed your grill and trimmed your fenders pretty aggressively. Did you also use bump stops to reduce any interference or was the trimming you did enough to get the travel and steering throw you wanted?

Thanks and again, great job on Guido!!
Hey Tommy, I noticed you stretched the wb on yours.
Yes, I also had to use bump stops on the shocks. The shock uptravel was about 3/8" - 1/2" but I added fuel tubing spacers to knock that down to about 1/4".
Between the cutting and the bump stops I have just enough clearance. However if I was to use all the steering from the Super 300's the tires would rub on the front ube work; but then so would the 2nd set of shocks so it's all good for me. :)

attachment.php

Thanks, Chris! So you're only running a 1/4" of bump travel now? I was hoping for 1/2" to 3/4", but your rig obviously works well so maybe I should change my plan.

Yeah, my wheelbase was originally about 13.5" with the leafs up front. When I initially linked it, it was closer to 13.75", but I've since shortened the front links to get it down to 13.25" and I like it here. I would even consider shortening it down to 13", but I think I'll try it like it is now before making more changes. :)

Thanks, Chris! So you're only running a 1/4" of bump travel now? I was hoping for 1/2" to 3/4", but your rig obviously works well so maybe I should change my plan.

Yeah, my wheelbase was originally about 13.5" with the leafs up front. When I initially linked it, it was closer to 13.75", but I've since shortened the front links to get it down to 13.25" and I like it here. I would even consider shortening it down to 13", but I think I'll try it like it is now before making more changes. :)
They work good around 13.25". "thumbsup"
I too wanted a bit more uptravel but I just couldn't do it without narrowing the front more than I wanted so the fenders would clear. I read in WarPig's thread that his shocks had 1/4" of uptravel so I decided it would be enough. We all know that his works good.

Keep that rig going, I want to see it working good for you. "thumbsup"

I'm trying!! :) We've got a scale comp on the 26th. Hopefully I can at least get it running with the revamped suspension and driveline by then!

And thanks again for the info. :mrgreen:

So what's next for Guido Chris?

He's going to self it so, someone else has a chance to win.:flipoff::lmao:

I kid! Guido is the shit! Can't wait til 2011 so I can see all the other sick rigs! Got to make it for sure this year."thumbsup"

Bumping this to the top for no reason other than it's Guido "thumbsup"

Actually, I was looking for ideas on pitman arms on a future build since I love rigs where the axles get shoved out and the shocks leaned back. Anyways, Guido came up in my search, so hope you don't mind if I borrow your idea for steering set-up :D.

One question with the steering, do you have any issues with getting full turn radius out of the super 300's with this set-up (i.e. turning radius isn't limited by the steering set-up)?

What is Guido doing nowadays...?

Well I found this while searching for builds and I must say that is an awesome machine. "thumbsup"
If i remember right through all those pages you mentioned you had trouble when going through deep water. Since I am a noob don't laugh to hard but i had an idea to maybe help with that. You could add a cb antennae on the rear quarterpanel and use it to hide your receiver antennae, if your receiver has that option. Maybe use a small wd40 spray tube painted silver to hide the wire out of the fuel tank so it looks like a fuel line then using more and paint to match the frame so it hides it as it goes back along the bed. Make a 90 mount and use a shortened tube sticking up and paint it. You could keep the wire inside hidden. If you didn't want it external you could put it on the rear bumper or in the bed. Just a thought. I wish i had your imagination for building this is a very clean and top notch rig you have there.

Back