• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Thanks for all the good words guys. I appreciate it. 8)

So we are back from Scale Nats. The weekend was an absolute blast, just like it always is, and I had more fun than anyone should be allowed.

I am sad that I didn't drive better this weekend. Guido worked very well but I made mistakes that cost me in the driving events. I was hoping to place better for all of Guido's supporters. Winning was a stretch but I was really hoping for a top 5 in the TTC.

Things I learned:
- Guido is awfully top heavy to be bouncing around on 14.8V.
- A Losi MRC 2.4Ghz RX will fail when it gets underwater but a Spektrum RX will not.
- When you turn down the throttle endpoints so your son can drive the trucks around, remember to turn them back up before competing again....
- Zach, Pinch, and Kaetwo are pretty much the best drivers in the world.
- Make sure you didn't bump the switch on the radio for the ESC before assuming something died on the truck.
- WarPig's Bronco works better, or he drives it better......
- Stop showing up to comps without drive time on the rig and a new radio setup.
- Guido needs to lose weight. 12.5 lbs is too much.
- Even when you are losing you can still have fun and love seeing your rig out on the course.

The main focus of Guido was to win the Concourse award so I am really happy that I was able to accomplish that mission. Seeing Guido on the courses with both DJ and Chino driving brought a smile to my face every time. I am happy that the rig worked as well as it did and I made no compromises in scaleness for performance. "thumbsup"

Here's a few pics from this weekend.

Attachments

• 331_3192 (Custom).JPG
    331_3192 (Custom).JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,803
  • DSC_0115 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0115 (Small).JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,743
  • DSC_0110 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0110 (Small).JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,775
  • DSC_0108 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0108 (Small).JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,754
  • DSC_0106 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0106 (Small).JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,774
  • DSC_0100 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0100 (Small).JPG
    89 KB · Views: 1,771
  • DSC_0037 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0037 (Small).JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 5,304
Here's the ones Tyler took during TTC.

Attachments

• DSC_0264 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0264 (Small).JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,737
  • DSC_0255 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0255 (Small).JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,719
  • DSC_0254 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0254 (Small).JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,708
  • DSC_0249 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0249 (Small).JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,724
  • DSC_0246 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0246 (Small).JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,739
  • DSC_0243 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0243 (Small).JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 1,723
  • DSC_0242 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0242 (Small).JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 1,739
  • DSC_0239 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0239 (Small).JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 1,734
  • DSC_0237 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0237 (Small).JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,744
  • DSC_0216 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0216 (Small).JPG
    85 KB · Views: 1,754
  • DSC_0391 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0391 (Small).JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 1,699
  • DSC_0386 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0386 (Small).JPG
    70 KB · Views: 1,722
  • DSC_0345 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0345 (Small).JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 1,716
  • DSC_0343 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0343 (Small).JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,694
  • DSC_0342 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0342 (Small).JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,712
  • DSC_0289 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0289 (Small).JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,699
  • DSC_0287 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0287 (Small).JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,718
  • DSC_0270 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0270 (Small).JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,719
  • DSC_0269 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0269 (Small).JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 1,717
  • DSC_0448 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0448 (Small).JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,717
  • DSC_0453 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0453 (Small).JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,695
  • DSC_0455 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0455 (Small).JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,724
  • DSC_0456 (Small).JPG
    DSC_0456 (Small).JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,668
Things I learned:
- A Losi MRC 2.4Ghz RX will fail when it gets underwater but a Spektrum RX will not.
- When you turn down the throttle endpoints so your son can drive the trucks around, remember to turn them back up before competing again....
- Make sure you didn't bump the switch on the radio for the ESC before assuming something died on the truck.
- WarPig's Bronco works better, or he drives it better......
- Even when you are losing you can still have fun and love seeing your rig out on the course.

Sounds like my learnings list too :mrgreen: Yeah, the top heavy rigs didn't cut it on this TTC course. So the epa's were what was giving you grief at the start? Makes sense, kind of disappointing though I'm sure. As I learned too, only takes one little thing to throw your day in the toilet.

Oh yeah, and my radio completely cut out too in that water hole and I was running a Spektrum rx. Worked great once I pulled it out, but amazing how being under just a couple inches of water cuts out the signal entirely. Still, tank trap was my favourite along with the mud bog (we should have all done that one multiple times, since most people flew through it!).

Anyways, it was great to meet you and your family and of course Guido in person. The concourse awards were well deserved. Hell of a lot of time and effort into that build "thumbsup" Hope to see you again next year.

Chris, it was very cool to finally meet you. Your a hell of a nice guy and it was a pleasure to meet you. Cant wait for next year. I learned alot of new things as well and hope to step into the JustZach shoes or close to the size by next year. BTW, Guido is a sexy bitch in person.:mrgreen:

Congrats Chris, well deserved!"thumbsup"
Sorry to hear about having issues, but I'm glad to hear that you did have fun!

Nice job this weekend Chris, if I had to pick anyone to lose Concours to it would be you. I love all the pics of Guido during the Trail comp and TTC, I especially like the pics of it hooked up to the sled. Any chance of you coming out to Oregon this fall for a real TTC? I'll show you what real mud is......plus you can get a train ride. Dean is coming up for it. Hope to see you soon, Tim.

Hey Chris congrats on the "Best In Show" it's well deserved IMO both you and Guido are "Best in Show". "thumbsup"
Thanks Norm. Always a kind word from you, I hope to meet you one day. 8)
Sounds like my learnings list too :mrgreen: Yeah, the top heavy rigs didn't cut it on this TTC course. So the epa's were what was giving you grief at the start? Makes sense, kind of disappointing though I'm sure. As I learned too, only takes one little thing to throw your day in the toilet.

Oh yeah, and my radio completely cut out too in that water hole and I was running a Spektrum rx. Worked great once I pulled it out, but amazing how being under just a couple inches of water cuts out the signal entirely. Still, tank trap was my favourite along with the mud bog (we should have all done that one multiple times, since most people flew through it!).

Anyways, it was great to meet you and your family and of course Guido in person. The concourse awards were well deserved. Hell of a lot of time and effort into that build "thumbsup" Hope to see you again next year.
Thanks Chris, yeah we both had some hard luck. I enjoyed meeting you this weekend, I wish there was more time to talk though. Perhaps next year. "thumbsup"
Play on Playboy! Great looking and performing rig you have there my friend.8)
Thanks fernando. 8)
Chris, it was very cool to finally meet you. Your a hell of a nice guy and it was a pleasure to meet you. Cant wait for next year. I learned alot of new things as well and hope to step into the JustZach shoes or close to the size by next year. BTW, Guido is a sexy bitch in person.:mrgreen:
Thanks Norm. It was great to meet you as well. You are a class act yourself and I'm sure you will be ready to kick butt next year. "thumbsup"
Congrats Chris, well deserved!"thumbsup"
Sorry to hear about having issues, but I'm glad to hear that you did have fun!
Thanks Todd. Yeah, it was all fun just the same. "thumbsup"
congrats man, your rig is awesome!
Thanks man. 8)
Nice job this weekend Chris, if I had to pick anyone to lose Concours to it would be you. I love all the pics of Guido during the Trail comp and TTC, I especially like the pics of it hooked up to the sled. Any chance of you coming out to Oregon this fall for a real TTC? I'll show you what real mud is......plus you can get a train ride. Dean is coming up for it. Hope to see you soon, Tim.
Thanks Tim, the feeling is mutual. I was hoping to be the one to show that a concourse rig could perform well but I'm glad that you were able to make it happen. I was very impressed with your Bronc and you deserve the good showing in TTC. "thumbsup"

I'll have to talk to the wife. I'd love to make a trip to Oregon and have a chance to compete in a TTC with the masters of mud. "thumbsup" A train ride sounds fun too. 8)

It was awesome to see you and the new Guido again this year.

We all had some hard luck, but I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Thanks for helping me when I was down, and literally letting me take a driveshaft of of your truck to continue.

Your an asset to the event, and I hope to see you again next year "thumbsup"

It was awesome to see you and the new Guido again this year.

We all had some hard luck, but I wouldn't change a thing about it.

Thanks for helping me when I was down, and literally letting me take a driveshaft of of your truck to continue.

Your an asset to the event, and I hope to see you again next year "thumbsup"
I'd have to say that you and the Hack a Lack prolly had the hardest day but I was glad to see you doing everything you could to stay in it. "thumbsup" I was more than happy to loan you the driveshaft to see you continue on. Thanks for making the long haul to be at this event. It was great to have you there and I really enjoyed talking about "was going to" with you. :ror:"thumbsup" It wouldn't be the same without you there.

Chris, great to see you at the MSD Nat's! Guido is a work of art for sure, I say tweak on it a bit to loose a pound or two but don't change it too much. It performs better than alot of trucks and I'm sure you could have put the whoopin' on us if you didn't have the problems that you did. Try to get up to Oregon, let's kick some Oregon butt!!:mrgreen:

I wanna ride the train too!

Chris, great to see you at the MSD Nat's! Guido is a work of art for sure, I say tweak on it a bit to loose a pound or two but don't change it too much. It performs better than alot of trucks and I'm sure you could have put the whoopin' on us if you didn't have the problems that you did. Try to get up to Oregon, let's kick some Oregon butt!!:mrgreen:

I wanna ride the train too!
Exactly what I'm thinking, I'll tweak on Guido a bit but I don't want to sacrifice the scaleness. I'm gonna start figuring out where I can lose some weight....I mean where Guido can lose some weight. I know where I can lose some. :ror:

I'm working on the Oregon trip. That'd be a blast for sure. "thumbsup"

Chris it was great to see you and Guido again. You are a great builder and an even better person. You are the most humble person with the baddest rig, definitely an asset to the hobby and Scale nats. Guido should be on the shirt next year!

I am sad that I didn't drive better this weekend. Guido worked very well but I made mistakes that cost me in the driving events. I was hoping to place better for all of Guido's supporters. Winning was a stretch but I was really hoping for a top 5 in the TTC.

You did a great job man. At least you didn't have my luck! If Guido didn't move it would still be an honor to see him.

Things I learned:

It is one heavy rig

Yes they are

I need to start living by this

agreed

Amen

I am happy that the rig worked as well as it did and I made no compromises in scaleness for performance. "thumbsup"

You have drawn the line between scaleness for performance.
Guido is the best scale rig, and an inspiration to all of us. I can't wait to see him & his handler agian & hopefully run with him next time.

Back