• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Didn't get a whole lot done tonight. Mostly put together my CVD's and put them in the axles.

Rear axle is done except for deciding on how to lock it out.
259_5982.jpg

259_5983.jpg

259_5984.jpg

Attachments

• 259_5984.JPG
    259_5984.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 2,174
Last edited:
Sorry for the update delay but I've trying to work on this instead of sit in front of the computer. :lol:

Here is where the cage sits as of last night. It's primered and ready for paint. "thumbsup" The body is just a mock-up body, I'll be painting a new one (hopefully).
260_6048_R.jpg

260_6050_R.jpg

260_6051_R.jpg

Here's the dashboard mock-up.
260_6052_R.jpg

260_6053_R.jpg

I forgot to take pics of the frame but it is painted black. I worked on the interior some last night, I'll get pics of that soon.

Enjoy. 8)

Attachments

• 260_6048_R.JPG
    260_6048_R.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 2,329
  • 260_6050_R.JPG
    260_6050_R.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,360
  • 260_6051_R.JPG
    260_6051_R.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 2,342
  • 260_6052_R.JPG
    260_6052_R.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,347
  • 260_6053_R.JPG
    260_6053_R.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,342
Last edited:
Damn Griz:shock: :shock: :shock: looks like you are shooting for the concourse trophy too!"thumbsup"

looks awesome, gonna be some late night in the 9 days.:lol:

Damn Griz:shock: :shock: :shock: looks like you are shooting for the concourse trophy too!"thumbsup"

looks awesome, gonna be some late night in the 9 days.:lol:
The concourse trophy would be nice.
I've been up till 2am pretty much every night for the last two weeks, what's another 9 days. :lol:
The detail in the interior is not going to be what I wanted but I can always add to it or redo it after the comp. I'd like to get the basics in there for now though.

Now I like it.
Whew, finally the stamp of approval. :lol: I hope it ends up as cool as your YJ. 8)

Thanks guys. "thumbsup"

That's sick, the polished dash is a nice touch. "thumbsup"
Thanks Bendah. The dash, belly skid, and rear panel are all polished 0.028" thick stainless steel. "thumbsup"
dang dude, that's awesome!
Thanks bronco brother. 8)
Hell yea, looks awesome Griz, I am really digging this rig. Keep up the good work "thumbsup"

-Mike
Thanks Mike, I wanna be like Mike. :lol:"thumbsup"

So has anyone ever seen a buildup that had an interior with functional cup holders before? ;-) :lol: I'm trying my hand at styrene work for the first time. :shock:

Thanks for the compliments guys. "thumbsup"

Whew, finally the stamp of approval. :lol: I hope it ends up as cool as your YJ. 8)

Thanks guys. "thumbsup"

:lol: :lol: I'm sure it means alot!:lol:

However, now you have to contend with the new Cruiser that I'm buttoning up.

PS. Where are the Ford 9" axles?

PS. Where are the Ford 9" axles?
The axles were put on hold until I got the RCP CVD's to make sure they would fit. In the mean time Neal started building an 8274 winch. He's trying to get tha winch done for Montana.

The axles will not be under it for the Montana comp. :-( There is just not enough time for him to finish the CNC programming and cut them out. They will be under it eventually though. "thumbsup"

The axles were put on hold until I got the RCP CVD's to make sure they would fit. In the mean time Neal started building an 8274 winch. He's trying to get tha winch done for Montana.

The axles will not be under it for the Montana comp. :-( There is just not enough time for him to finish the CNC programming and cut them out. They will be under it eventually though. "thumbsup"

So lemme get this straight...its going to eventually have a real ford 9" in it? and what a d44 up front :?: if so...then I am officially required to hate you because that may quite possibly be the coolest thing ever :lol::lol:

So lemme get this straight...its going to eventually have a real ford 9" in it? and what a d44 up front :?: if so...then I am officially required to hate you because that may quite possibly be the coolest thing ever :lol::lol:
Yup.:lol:
I am working with a friend on a design using the TLT ring and pinion. The axle housing will be a Ford 9" with a removable center section just like the real thing. We are doing a straight rear axle and are looking into having our own chromoly axle shafts made.
I am designing a set of wheels that will bolt on with 5 lug nuts and we'll have disc brakes as well.

I plan to have Ford 9"ers front and rear just like JR's Bronc but we are also going to do a Dana 60 rear to see what that would look like.

You can start hating me after you see the prototype, he has the drop out 3rd member done already and it is friggin awesome. "thumbsup"

Very nice Chris! I always liked that Bronc.
Just one question....... When we get to Montana, CAN I DRIVE IT?:lol::lol::lol:

Fluffy is going to save us a buttload on color copies.....

Love that commercial.

Attachments

• copy cat.jpg
    copy cat.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 3,441
Back