• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
can you say , ambitious? wow Chris:shock: that is a hellva a build in just a few weeks, i can't wait to see it in person, hell you might win the " long haul and concourse trophies " with one rig.:lol:

awesome work as always, looking forward to it"thumbsup"

Griz,,
That looks killer man. Likin the front suspension set up and the radius arm idea."thumbsup" I have sorta the same coil set up, but, I DEFINATELY liked how you are installing your coil buckets better then mine. VERY NICE.

Man, that thing is NEATO!

Makes me think of corn, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm CORN.

Great thinking on the links too.

Is the body size scale write up going to be in this thread?

Holy hells, I didn't expect this kind of response. :shock: This is more replies than I got in the whole Green Bean thread I think. :lol:
Gotta love the multi-quote feature. "thumbsup"
This thing is looking SWEET!"thumbsup"
Thanks, glad you like it L2C. 8)
real nice work Griz. "thumbsup" be glad to see it done.
Thanks clodatall, glad you like it.8) My wife will be glad to see it done as well. :lol:
nice work, like the 2 linked rear.
Thanks Crawler Noob. The rear is a 4 link setup though, the radius arms are on the front. 8)
Looking good Chris, as always.

When you get back, you need to draw up that frame and ask someone with a CNC to profile it out for ya...;-)
Hmmmmm, wonner who could do that? You know a good machinist? :flipoff::lol::lol:
Looking good Griz"thumbsup"
How come you have the Radius Arms on the bottom?
Is that how your Bronco is set up?
What do you mean? On my 1:1 the big tube goes from the frame mount to the top of the axle. From an engineering standpoint I set it up that way so that the short anti-rotation links would be in tension when the axle tries to wrap. Putting your member in tension is always better than in compression, otherwise you could get buckling.
The other reason I did it was cuz it gives more link clearance on the rocks and looked neater that way. :lol:
Looks great grizz.
4WS like the bronc?
I have pondered this alot. I really want 4ws but the custom axles that are being made for it will have a straight axle for the rear. At some point I could put two front axles in, and I prolly will, but for now it will be 2ws. Plus I need to figure out where to put a rear servo with my axle truss/link mount in the rear. More on that later. Glad you like it Cole. 8)
Looks awesome Chris! I enjoy your build ups, they are always top of the line "thumbsup" Cage work looks great and I like the long arms and coil springs. Keep up the good work 8)

-Mike
Thanks Mike, I try my best. I don't have the machining or styrene skills some of you guys have, but I can weld. :lol: I'm glad you like it so far.
Wow that is a sweet looking truck and its not even finished! Wish I had your skills. Nice work!
Thanks Knytemare. Practice, practice, practice, I destroyed lots of tube before I got the hang of it. 8)
DAYUM Griz.......

badddasss build so far man , i'm going to send you a PM about those coil axle mounts , Love'n the link design too i'm going to keep an eye on this build for sure
Thanks pro, glad you like it. PM returned.
This is a sick build and great thinking out of the box on the links!
Thanks clark, I wanted to do something different than the usual stuff.
can you say , ambitious? wow Chris:shock: that is a hellva a build in just a few weeks, i can't wait to see it in person, hell you might win the " long haul and concourse trophies " with one rig.:lol:

awesome work as always, looking forward to it"thumbsup"
Ambitious???? More like stupid. :lol::lol: I can only hope it turns out that nice. 8) Glad you like it Ben, and glad you OK'd it for the scale comp.
I don't like it.
Of course not, why would you. :roll: :flipoff::lol::lol:
Nice work!
Thanks Brizio. 8)
Griz,,
That looks killer man. Likin the front suspension set up and the radius arm idea."thumbsup" I have sorta the same coil set up, but, I DEFINATELY liked how you are installing your coil buckets better then mine. VERY NICE.
Thanks SMF, it took a while to come up with that idea. 8)
Man, that thing is NEATO!

Makes me think of corn, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm CORN.

Great thinking on the links too.

Is the body size scale write up going to be in this thread?
Corn? There's no corn here, you posted in the wrong thread again. DJ's binder is one hallway over and a couple doors down. :lol::lol::p

For the scale size thread I decided to do a build using every body known to man, woman, child, and you. That way there will be no confusion. This is chapter 1. :lol::lol:

Thanks for all the good feedback guys and thanks to DJ and Ace for giving Dirk a nice verbal lashing. :lol:

Last edited:
Admit it, you just got tired of seeing the rest of us break out scale rigs at every comp:lol:

Very nice work on the suspension! I have wanted to do that for a long time but did not have the tools to pull it off.

Thanks clodatall, glad you like it.8) My wife will be glad to see it done as well. :lol:

thats CLODSTALL lol i bet she will.mine is always wondering if i will ever get done with one before i start another one.

Copy Cat.:flipoff:
You just can't be part of the heard can you."thumbsup" Looks like I'll have to step it up.
Never have, never will. Let's see what you got slacker. :flipoff::lol::lol:
I love all your outside the box stuff."thumbsup"
looks great so far"thumbsup" got any pics of your 1:1 bronco?
Thanks rednck21. There are a few pics here mines the yellow one.

Admit it, you just got tired of seeing the rest of us break out scale rigs at every comp:lol:

Very nice work on the suspension! I have wanted to do that for a long time but did not have the tools to pull it off.
I am jealous of you guys. I love the scale stuff. "thumbsup"
just wow!
:lol: Thanks Reefer

thats CLODSTALL lol i bet she will.mine is always wondering if i will ever get done with one before i start another one.
Whoops, typo, my bad. :lol: I was told that after this one I HAVE to take a break from building for a while. :lol::lol:

Thanks for the replies guys.

Now, decisions, decisions..Hmmmmmmmmmmm...........
45T lathe, Mag Mayhem, or Revolver 1.:twisted:

Attachments

• 259_5979.JPG
    259_5979.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 4,364
Back