• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gear Head RC Trail Torch LED Lightbar

HI, is there anyway to run one of the trail torch lights off of a 9v battery with out using a bec? Maybe a resistor or something to drop the voltage?

HI, is there anyway to run one of the trail torch lights off of a 9v battery with out using a bec? Maybe a resistor or something to drop the voltage?

If you would prefer to not run from the receiver, your best bet would be to use a 3 or 4 AA or AAA battery holder. We stock this one: RC Lights 3AA Battery Holder

If you need to keep it small, there are AAA battery holders available from Radio Shack.

-Jim

Trail Torch on my custom SCX10:

UglyTruckling800x600.jpg

Also used our new "L" Mounting Tabs (I rattle-canned them flat black): Gear Head RC 1/10 Mounting Tabs for Trail Torch and like products

Just found about these lightbars yesterday and from all the feedback I couldn't resist since I already had DinkyRC's Scout Roof Rack for the perfect fit, especially the new waterproof version! ordered mine yesterday with some L tabs, the AAA battery holder and HeyOk's switch for some options! thanks GEARHEAD! "thumbsup" Will try to post pics when I can

Last edited:
Here was my first run with this lightbar at Axial's Recon G6 at KOH on Sat.

20130209_162038.jpg

20130209_154436.jpg

20130209_155512.jpg

20130209_1546271-1.jpg

and even at bright sun angles, it was surprisingly as bright.

20130209_162403.jpg

Such an awesome lightbar! easy install too. Thanks again GearHead! "thumbsup"

Last edited:
Back