• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gear Head RC Trail Torch LED Lightbar

If I ask enough is that showing enough interest for just the light (pcb) I want to mount it under the v bar at the top of the windshield on the wraith.. So I'll have to make my own housing.. So can I buy just the components minus the housing.. :)

J-bird

here's mine. Pics don't do the thing justice. it's insane. :shock:

fb2750a6.jpg

3a6f3eb9.jpg

36f8602f.jpg

f8ab6b7a.jpg

I really like the looks of that rubi.. Makes me miss mine.. And the light fits perfect up there much better than the proline lightbar I had on mine with old dinosaur LEDs ... It's funny now a standard led isn't what it used to be.. Wow it's crazy the technology we have these days... Nice rig Ldogg

J-bird

Thanks. Love the look of this light with that roof rack. It does fit perfectly, and looks like it was made specifically for it. I plan on buying another set for my 2.2 jk build.

I have some new trail pics in my build thread for that 1.9 rig. don't want to clutter this thread up with my pics. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-SH8X8yKw9U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://youtu.be/-SH8X8yKw9U

Fast forward to 1:30 to see the Trail Torch LED Lightbar on Matt's Jeep!

Last edited:
I like the light bar much better than the other options but the mount is really killing how I want to mount it. It looks like you'd really have to torque them down to keep them from rotating on the mounting screw.

I like the light bar much better than the other options but the mount is really killing how I want to mount it. It looks like you'd really have to torque them down to keep them from rotating on the mounting screw.

I have not had any issues with mine, tight enough to not move around while driving, yet loose enough for it to give and push down with roll over.

I did not use the tiny hardware to mount mine with the tiny hole on the tabs. I tapped them for 3mm & also backed it with a nut. Very tight, will not move.

Do your self a favor...get a better camera. Canon t1i FTW!"thumbsup"

I'll eventually upgrade my camera. Maybe sooner than later, but I just upgraded my video camera. My wife is a professional photographer (Jessica Higgins Photography), so I have access to a ton of Nikon gear. I just don't like bringing it outside or even in my shop. I'll probably get Nikon gear when I do upgrade since we have a good number of lenses around and I used to work with Nikon equipment at my old job before they eBayed it all and bought consumer grade Canon gear. I used the D1X a lot, but actually loved the D70S. I think i rather buy I used D70S than a new Rebel.

DSC_0031-1.jpg

DSC_0027-1.jpg

Very bright and love the look of your light bar! And RPP took great care of me when I bought it!"thumbsup"

Back