• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gear Head RC Trail Torch LED Lightbar

Eta

ETA?

I don't want to promise an exact date and not be able to meet or beat it. At this point, we are about 6 weeks away from shipping finished parts.

On a personal note, my wife and I are in the process of buying a home, so my world will be turned upside down and I will have limited access to my shop for the next 4 weeks.

-Jim

wow, that is awesome, ive been piddling in my romm trying to figure out this leds and resistors on crap, but nvrm now. that is awe, exactly what i wanted. post it up when complete!

That is awesome, need some for night trail runs. Cant wait!"thumbsup"

Any updates? What will the pricing be?

Thanks "thumbsup"

I set up a simple comparison between my lightbar and a mini-maglite. I set my camera to the exact same shutter speed, aperture, etc:

f/4.5
1 second exposure
ISO 200
no flash

Here'e the comparison of brightness, spread and distance:

Maglite
maglite.jpg

Trail Torch LED Lightbar
lightbar.jpg

Here are pics of my setup:
setup1.jpg

setup2.jpg

I'm sure this will show how incredibly bright the lightbar is! :mrgreen:

NO EFING WAY, KILLER."thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup".

i'd be down for a set...someone else asked also what about a 2" with say 6 or 7 leds..just curious i'd like the 2" but would be plenty happ with those 4"...nice work man"thumbsup"

OMG...looks so sick!!!
when will be available to order?:mrgreen:

Hi Guys,

Here's an update. Machine shop is expecting to have parts completed in three weeks. I have the PCBs with LEDS completed. At this point, these should be available the first or second week in September. I'll keep everyone posted if it's sooner!

-Jim

i'd be down for a set...someone else asked also what about a 2" with say 6 or 7 leds..just curious i'd like the 2" but would be plenty happ with those 4"...nice work man"thumbsup"

2" version is conceivable. We'll see how this version goes...

A shorter version would be easy to do.

-Jim

would you sell just the light part and i could make a housing outta styrene...just curious..but if you would i'd buy some..right now...thanks and if not it'll be a long wait..lol

would you sell just the light part and i could make a housing outta styrene...just curious..but if you would i'd buy some..right now...thanks and if not it'll be a long wait..lol

At this time, they are only available complete. If we have enough requests, we will consider selling the PCB only.

-Jim

Back