• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gear Head RC Trail Torch LED Lightbar

Gear Head RC

Quarry Creeper
Gear Head RC "Trail Torch" LED Light Bar

NOW IN STOCK AT RPPHOBBY.COM

The Trail Torch LED Lightbar
13 Ultra Bright LEDs in a Low Profile CNC Machined Delrin housing

SCA001
Gear Head RC 1/10 Scale Trail Torch LED Lightbar

SCA001800x480.jpg

SCA001-04800x600.jpg

SCA001-02600x800.jpg

Wraithsemi-dark800x600.jpg

MADE IN THE U.S.A.

Includes mounting tabs for M2 screws.

Light bar easily connects to an available aux port on your receiver or an external 3 or 4 battery holder (AAA or AA) with 12" servo lead.

Designed to run on 4.5 to 6.0 volts

Cannot be connected straight to a Lipo or Nimh pack. If coming from the vehicle pack, please use a BEC to regulate voltage to 5 or 6 volts. Connecting to an improper power source will void the warranty.

Ultra Bright White LEDs are rated at 12,000 mcd each x 13 = a ridiculous 156,000 mcd

Dimensions:
Length: 4.2" (4.3" with screw heads)
Height: 0.6"
Depth: Housing only: 0.4", with LED lenses: about 0.55" (0.76" at ends with mounting tabs)
Distance between 0.125" thk mounting tabs: 3.95"

Available exclusively from RPP Hobby

Last edited:
Very cool looking setup! Do you have a shot of it shining on something? Just trying to get an idea of the spread and distance.

Very cool looking setup! Do you have a shot of it shining on something? Just trying to get an idea of the spread and distance.

Let's just say that you won't need lights in your garage/hobby room any longer! Just mount your truck to the ceiling like a chandelier! "thumbsup"

Pictures do not do these justice. They are so bright is is ridiculous. Jim has done an outstanding job in making these as compact as possible to get the most scale look. "thumbsup"

Dam looks like you beat me to it :( been working on mine for sometime lol

Dam looks like you beat me to it :( been working on mine for sometime lol

Jim had prototypes and the PCB boards done before RCX this year, but this stuff takes a long time. Should have seen him carrying around his prototype at RCX and blinding people :ror:

Been working on mine for many many months, waiting for machinist to cut my light bodies was a different story haha. No hurt feelings here. They look great! I have enough SMD's here to light my x-mas tree :D

Just saw them on RPPs website. Out of stock of course(not in stock yet). not a bad price"thumbsup".

ETA?(had to ask:ror:)

I set up a simple comparison between my lightbar and a mini-maglite. I set my camera to the exact same shutter speed, aperture, etc:

f/4.5
1 second exposure
ISO 200
no flash

Here'e the comparison of brightness, spread and distance:

Maglite
maglite.jpg

Trail Torch LED Lightbar
lightbar.jpg

Here are pics of my setup:
setup1.jpg

setup2.jpg