• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Gatekeeper kit build with aftermarket parts

[Other updates] Gatekeeper kit build with aftermarket parts

[Aftermarket parts]
Artful Dodgers Gatekeeper skid plate set ADGK001 ADEND ADIFS
Samix brass knuckle set END-4412FS
Samix brass rear brake adapter END-4415FS

So I've been running in the GK in the house playing with my Futaba 4PM and Mamba X settings. Also other stuff I backordered shipped so few updates too.

Michal aka Artful Dodgers' GK stainless steel skid plate set is nicely made. All edges and bends are clean and crisp.
-The front plate bolts right up and has adjustability forward or back as it has multiple mounting holes. Weighs 24g.
-The diff plates are a bit fiddly to mount on a built truck because of access. Had to partially disassemble the front so I could get to the back of the pumpkin. Rear has easy access, no disassembly needed. You have to snap it on the back of the pumpkin and start your screws evenly around. Weighs 12g/pc.
-The bottom plate is really well done. It mounts through 2 of the gearbox screws and 2 unused holes on the rear trailing arm mount stubs. I had to slightly file the rear edge of the slider so it sits flat but otherwise it's a drop-in and aligns perfectly and doesn't get in the way of the cage or anything else. Weighs 154g and it adds belly weight for sure. AD also makes a GK body panel set in SS but I would worry about putting that weight up top. Aluminum version available for that I think.
-Michal only has an ebay store but you can message him via the Artful Dodgers facebook page to order. He mails these from Poland and it took around 2 weeks to get to me.

The Samix front knuckle and rear brass parts need no introduction. Front fits fine to my STRC brass C-hubs. What I think is smart about the Samix design is the removable bearing insert which allows you to pop out the bearings easily. I didn't use the included scale brake rotor and caliper as my hubs have rotors already.

And panel trimming/fit also done and painting is up next for the body, interior and the small detail parts.

Hey man can you do me a favor and tell me the measurement of with across, from top Doorbars?

This build is awesome and it's giving me ideas for my next... ;)

Just ordered up the Artful Dodger skids, excited to get them in! They look too cool to pass up, and I had some extra $$ burning a hole in my pocket :ror:

Also hoping the dif skids will fill the gap just enough to give the driveshafts a little more clearance to keep them off the rocks a bit.

Any build updates? I received my AD skids, top notch quality, great packaging, and fit/install was excellent. Thanks for the product tip! "thumbsup"

Great build, subbed for sure, can't wait to see how she performs. Also, I really appreciate your methodology in regards to the thread itself. The images and descriptions, formatting etc. Very helpful, very easy to follow along.

Back