• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Free WK servo mount templates

Templates

Thanks for the updated address. I downloaded the templates and made one out of aluminum, made a few mods to the mount and wham-o "thumbsup", works like a charm. Thanks.

Just a quick question. My Wk has teh crawling conversion kit. I made the bracket which places the servo on top of the axle, to the side, but it bumps against the battery tray! Anyone had this problem?
Cheers

as long as you have the servo mounted so it literally sits right on top of the diff housing, you *should* be fine--

IMG_0581-1.jpg

Did you shorten your shocks?

Thanks for your reply Jeep-Power. Actually the bracket does fit, but there isn't really much room for the suspension to work. Will put it on anyway and see how it works. The original Wk springs seem quite weak with the battery load on top of them at the front and they seem to sag a bit. Thanks again.

^^^^^ That looks like a nice Kit, how much is it and where can I find one??

Yeah, I made the bracket. Just drill some holes, carefully cut the opening, and file to make it fit. Real easy.

I've made a couple of these for the guys around here and they like them. I can make you one or will be happy to share the drawings.

This is an early version. I've made some changes since then.

Inspiration was from a Mr. Jowett.

If anybody's interested I'll post up an .avi file.

Could you make a ready to print template? 8)

Back