• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Excellent Painting Guide/How-To

IMO, as far as tape goes, Iv'e tried a few types of masking tape, 3M blue works OK, but for a very crisp line with zero bleed thru, I use Tamiya Fine Line Tape, 6mm, smooth with a terry cloth towel, then any masking tape on top of that to protect form overspray on adjacent areas.

wow...thanks for all the awesome information...
I sill take all your tips into play

what about frog tape..?? any thoughts..??"thumbsup"

OK couldn't find it but once you prime the styrene body what would be the best grit sandpaper for first stage of sanding and that goes for all colors applied afterwards till the last coat...
Example for what i want to buy:
what do you guys use.."thumbsup"

For anyone interested Coast Airbrush (on Facebook) just did a hour long "live feed" on painting RC cars. Had some good information about some of the new(er) products.

I didn’t see this answered anywhere in this thread. If painting the outside of a lexan body and prime it with lexan specific paint can you then use any plastic paint for subsequent layers? I really like some of the tamiya airplane paint but wasn’t sure if it would hold up as long as the base primer layer is lexan specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to use Vallejo model paint for the seats and other parts on the interior on VS410. I have tried putting a flow improver to help. I even tried backing it with lexan paint still scrapes off. Any help? Thanks

Back