• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Excellent Painting Guide/How-To

What filler to use to fill holes drilled into a hard body? I used epoxy and its a pain to sand. BTW this is a great thread!:mrgreen:

That Paint Guide link posted in post #51 is very detailed.

It may not be safe for viewing at work. There is a java script attached and may be flagged by internet security. Not saying for all but you have been warned.

I did find another really good Paint Guide Video for Lexan titled RC Painting 101 -- Lexan body basics w/ spray paint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wPqEqyYNRs

It answered all my newbie questions.

EDIT: To display full url and YouTube may not be safe for work either

Last edited:
I was told grafiti remover works for paint remover on lexon bodys I've used nitro fuel it works well just be carful not to leave it on for to long cause it will turn the lexon cloudy .

If you are painting over another body (I have the Wraith Poison Spyder body and don't like the blue), as in painting on the OUTSIDE of the panels, what is the best type of paint (acrylic/enamel) to use, and how do I seal it best to protect the paint and stickers from scratches (varnish etc.)?

Has anybody every used rhino line to paint their bodies? Just wondering if it was possible or too heavy to do. I painted my entire Cherokee inside and out with it and loved the way it looked. I'm building one to mimic Cherokee.

So I'm guessing that's a no that no one has done it. Looks like I'll be the first and I'll post my progress with it in the SCX10 forum

I to would like to know the best paint to use on the OUTSIDE, want to go to matt paint so painting the inside wont work?

I just wanted to share a tip that i use to make the paint spray better. Before you paint, pour some hot (not boiling!) water into a bowl and let your paint cans sit in it for a couple of minutes. This makes the paint spray very nice and evenly. This is for rattle cans.

What is the best tape to use so no bleeding occurs ?? I apologize if you've already answered this but it's too hard for me to read all of it but my avitar kind of answers that..."thumbsup"

I use a blue stripping tape and use a little clear to seal the edges before I starting to put down my colors."thumbsup"

Back