• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Evos bully 2 rtr

Well last time I checked the hacking stuff for the gt3c was unavailable and the mt4 was discontinued. Looking like I'm going to learn to like futaba. I'm just going to be glad to get rid of the rest of the ones I have. Once I can afford more receivers that is. Lol

Well last time I checked the hacking stuff for the gt3c was unavailable and the mt4 was discontinued. Looking like I'm going to learn to like futaba. I'm just going to be glad to get rid of the rest of the ones I have. Once I can afford more receivers that is. Lol

You can get everything yourself to do the mod for less than $10. All you need is the gt3c, STlink v2, and a little pc knowledge. You wont find a better budget tx.

Honestly, sanwa is ridiculously over priced. A 3ch rx is $50-60 and thats just an obsurd amount for a simple rx with basic functions. I've seen the mt4 telemetry first hand and it's complete trash. Really nothing good to say besides they look good.

Never tried futaba but they make good 6ch radios so i'm sure the 4ch are just as functional

4PLS..... nothing else.

I buy micros for $35.
Good to know where do you get them?

You can get everything yourself to do the mod for less than $10. All you need is the gt3c, STlink v2, and a little pc knowledge. You wont find a better budget tx.

The cheap Rx and ability to work more than 4 channels was the only turn on and that was only cause I was thinking of getting into scalers at some point, having winches lights and everything else. But I'm not worried about it really 4 channels should be enough. Who knows maybe I'll try that someday too.
Thanks a lot guys.

Last edited:

So that small bearing went bad fast I guess. Didn't notice it until the gears slipped. Pretty lame. And no one has gears in stock. Looks like I might not make it to my first comp.

So that small bearing went bad fast I guess. Didn't notice it until the gears slipped. Pretty lame. And no one has gears in stock. Looks like I might not make it to my first comp.
To bad your not living close to me, otherwise you could lend a set of spare gears... It was one of the first things I bought when starting on some new axles. I learned from the xr axles that it was smart to have some in the spare bin

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

To bad your not living close to me, otherwise you could lend a set of spare gears... It was one of the first things I bought when starting on some new axles. I learned from the xr axles that it was smart to have some in the spare bin

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Yeah. Didn't think I had nearly enough run time to blow a bearing. Oh well.
You are a bit far away. Haha. Thanks though.

Ya that was fast for it to blow. Stock bearings always suck though. I'd pick up a bearing kit from fast eddy or rc4wd upgraded bearing kit.

This is why I picked up extra gears, front shafts and a bearing kit a few months back since those are the 3 weak points.

Damn!

Heres an offer ......

Order bushings for that bearing replacement, PM me your address and Ill ship a gear out to you so you can make the first comp then just send me a new gear when it comes in.

Ive got a front axle I dont use yet and our rear axles dont use the small bearings so Im not worried about blowing mine up. You can have my gear and just replace it when RC4WD gets done with the chinese new year or fins a new supplier.

Is the small idler gear that runs the locker ok or did that get smoked too?

Thats a huge failure for such a short amount of run time. It looks like the bearing race grounded the housing? I would contact RC4WD directly and see if you can get the whole axle warrantied.

Damn!

Heres an offer ......

Order bushings for that bearing replacement, PM me your address and Ill ship a gear out to you so you can make the first comp then just send me a new gear when it comes in.

Ive got a front axle I dont use yet and our rear axles dont use the small bearings so Im not worried about blowing mine up. You can have my gear and just replace it when RC4WD gets done with the chinese new year or fins a new supplier.

Is the small idler gear that runs the locker ok or did that get smoked too?

So bushings work better in that spot? Just brass bushings?
That would be awesome of you rob I'd love to make it out there. I believe the gear for the locker is fine but I will double check before I send you my address. I did buy some new bearings from avid rc but I won't use them if you don't think I should.

Thats a huge failure for such a short amount of run time. It looks like the bearing race grounded the housing? I would contact RC4WD directly and see if you can get the whole axle warrantied.
Good idea I forgot my truck is still under warranty.
Hopefully I can deal with someone else this time. the gear ground the housing in the center and the bearing shredded its seat in the end of the housing. thatd be cool if I got a new case for it too.

Can't believe how quiet it was until the gear slipped.
Thanks guys!

Last edited:
So bushings work better in that spot? Just brass bushings?
That would be awesome of you rob I'd love to make it out there. I believe the gear for the locker is fine but I will double check before I send you my address. I did buy some new bearings from avid rc but I won't use them if you don't think I should.

Bearings are def better but a bushing wont let go like that and grenade everything.

A bushing will give you some sort of warning with noise changes or at least let you check it or even replace it every couple months or more.

We had the problem with the XR's and a small bearing years ago then we started using bushings instead and failure rates dropped.

I would use a bushing for a while in that spot just to take a chance of failure out of the picture. One less thing to worry about when your driving. :mrgreen:

Bearings are def better but a bushing wont let go like that and grenade everything.

A bushing will give you some sort of warning with noise changes or at least let you check it or even replace it every couple months or more.

We had the problem with the XR's and a small bearing years ago then we started using bushings instead and failure rates dropped.

I would use a bushing for a while in that spot just to take a chance of failure out of the picture. One less thing to worry about when your driving. :mrgreen:

Okay that makes sense. It ruined my case too looks like both bearings had actually failed. Look at how egged out the spots they ride in are.. Looks like just a gear and bearings or bushings won't fix it...ugh.

:shock: SHIT

Yeah really hoping rc4wd comes through with some support. Cant afford an entire axle. And there is no way they will sell that piece individually. Cannot believe it made no noise so dissapointed. Oil filled brass bushing is what I think I'll use if I can get this fixed. Any idea what size they are I've lost my calipers.

Ill have to look at my empty rear case when I get home, I forgot the bearing orientation since I swapped over to our KR4 rear axle and that little bearing doesnt get used in it. I think that side is suppose to have the bigger normal bearings in it but dont quote me. The only time I saw the internals was when I was designing our rear axle. I still use an XR front.

Got any digital calipers that you can measure the diameter on those holes?

Back