• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

DrDiff'952s Weekend Warrior Wraith

Got my transmission today. Take out of a RTR. Great shape! Motor mount plate Will be her in 24-48

It is out of a SCX-10 and it doesn't have the extended mechanism for a DIG. I believe that Harley does the same thing with his rigs. My motor plate should be here tomorrow or Friday.

SCX-10 Axles ordered. They will be here in 4-5 days

Last edited:
Major problems almost killed the build. Legality of this truck. It is illegal for 2.2 class but legal for 1.9 class. OK.

Rules sure do have a way of bringing a guy down.

Pretty sure you'll like the 1.9 class. Our local club has a good turn out.

I just hope we get your Project 626 Legal. Of you order another DMG Stiffy, make it a Long Back.!

Last edited:
it sounds as if I can put 1.9's on it and run the 1.9 weekend warrior class or run 2.2's and run the overkill class..of course time bandit will be in the overkill class. I was thinking it would be cool if they had a couple wraith only classes..we will have to see...I dont know how many wraiths actually run at these events..

Thinking about these 1.9 rims for the weekend Warrior Wraith...
IMG_0729-994x662.jpg

those look nice! I am getting ready to buy another set from the scale addict for my scx10 rubicon...that way all 3 of my rigs have aluminum beadlocks..but i am hoping I can get them with black rings and black centercaps

Attachments

• 0025-994x662.jpg
    0025-994x662.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 826
Last edited:
The Weekend Warrior Wraith got some stuff today. What else do you do with the stuff you pull off when upgrading a Wraith? BUILD A NEW ONE!

Stock Axial Slipper Clutch assembly and the gears from the O.P.A.T. Wraith. The Traxxas motor will come over as well.
The stock Axial motor plate will be brought over to the WWW tomorrow. Eventually these will be upgraded to match what is in the O.P.A.T. Wraith.

SCX-10 axles will be here early next week, And I have borrowed a servo to mock up the WWW.
The goal is to Eventually have Short ProLine Big Bore Power Stroke Shocks on it from the Traxxas Slash, for now it will do with Axial kit shocks.

I have the AE-2 ESC that has been fully converted to Dean's Ultras and will eventually get another Castle Creations BEC and Savöx 1231SG servo.

I want to try making my own seats Axial seats may be pretty but are too heavy. I have a source for some sheet metal.

Tire wise I want to get a set of ProLine Super Swamper TSL XL in the G6/soft compound. I am leaning to the same closed cell Crawler Innovations foams that are in the O.P.A.T.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about adding the AX80121 and AX80122 flares to my Pro-Line Jeep Wrangler Rubicon body...

I feel like a kid at Christmas. SCX-10 axles and another battery came in today.
20140507_190837.jpg

Last edited:
The rear link length, has been determined but the front links are going to be shorter than the collection of SCX-10 links that I have.

I think I am going to get some 6-32 rod, revo ball ends and some brake line and build my own.

The rear link length, has been determined but the front links are going to be shorter than the collection of SCX-10 links that I have.

I think I am going to get some 6-32 rod, revo ball ends and some brake line and build my own.

Allthread rod."thumbsup" Can sleeve it / heatshrink it when your done to hide the thread.

I got some steel plate and am going to attempt to make some light weight seats for my two rigs.
20140514_223811.jpg

Last edited:
Back