• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

DrDiff'952s Weekend Warrior Wraith

DrDiff952

Rock Crawler
So...I take my O.P.A.T. Wraith to do a fun run with the NWI TTC guys... Scale folks who say my AR60 Wraith is too wide, and lump me in the overkill class.
Brush less motors, 4WS, Big batteries and all kinds stuff I don't have.

What's a guy to do??? SCX10 axles on a Wraith Chassis.

Now I am in the Weekend Warrior class. But have to decide 2.2 or 1.9, I will decide later...

Here is the start of DrDiff'952's Weekend Warrior rig!

Chassis: Wraith with fast back mod and roof bent to hold a spare tire.

Thanks aalanon1965

Body:

Last edited:
Re: DrDiff's Weekend Warrior Wraith

allanon1965 also gave me a bunch of different SCX-10 links to try, and since he just converted his fleet to brushless..
He gave me another AE-2 ESC, And a rebuilt Holmes Hobbies 27 turn torque master sport motor.

I'd go with 1.9's if your going to use the SCX10 axles. It'll look more scale, and you wont have issues with the tires rubbing as bad as with the 2.2s

Agreed. Its hard to keep 1.9 tires out of the front shocks.

Moar progress pics please.

A few things have fallen into place... I have an Axial t channel RTR TX and RX. The RX could be bound to my Fly Sky TX.

I located a servo and BEC, so the electronics package will be very close to that of my OPAT Wraith. I might have sourced an interior.

Debating the ProLine Jeep body for it or my existing golden Wraith body or not. I don't want to hack it up just to get the tires to clear the fenders.
I am still trying to source the axles. I have decided on ProLine Short Power strokes. There will not be a DIG.

The biggest decision seems to be to bullet proof the OPAT Wraith tranny to have spares for the Weekend Warrior Wraith. Or to build a stock wraith transmission for the WWW.

It also means another light kit.

Last edited:
If you keep the www brushed for awhile...bombproof opat and use the spares for the www that way the www can get mobile fairly quickly so you can work the kinks out of the design...then you can replace stock parts as needed on the www

For the price of a longer output I bought a whole wraith tranny from ebay.

cool...you will have this thing up and running before you know it! Its tons of fun trying out different setups for links,tires,gears and then on to winches and other cool stuff!

I guess I should stop getting stuff until I spend the money on a screw kit!

Sourced, Doesn't mean paid for. Rather it means I know where I will pick it up when I have the funds.

I am supposed to be saving up for a 1:1 car this fall!

Last edited:
Spent the afternoon / evening converting the AE2 ESC to deans plugs all around. It checked out on the Castle Linc and the home computer.

Last edited:
Did more trim work on the body and the Dinky RC interior tray. They seem perfectly made for each other...

Back