• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Don't Fear the WIRES!!!

losikid

Got Worms?
OverkillRC has your back!

OverkillRC has Cutters, Crimpers, and Strippers to turn your rats nest into a clean and tidy wiring harness.

First up is the flush cutters. Flush cutters are basically a different form of the typical diagonal cutter. The major difference is that they are ground flush on the back side. This is for cutting off soldered leads flush to a circuit board. However, this also creates a nice sharp edge for improved wire cutting performance.

CLICK HERE FOR PRICE AND FULL DESCRIPTION

Cutter-Top.JPG

Cutter-Top.jpg

Cutter-Bottom.jpg

Next up is the wire strippers. I'll offer two sizes

10-22AWG which will be great for battery and power wires. I've also used them in automotive and residential wiring.

CLICK HERE FOR THE 10-22 AWG STRIPPERS

10-22+Closed.JPG

10-22+Open.jpg

And then, there is the 20-30 AWG strippers. These are great for servo wires.

CLICK HERE FOR THE 20-30 AWG STRIPPERS

20-30+Closed.JPG

We also now have a professional crimping tool for all your servo connector needs

Servo Plug Crimpers

Crimper1.jpg

Crimper4.jpg

It comes with a single stage die, so get a solid crimp around the insulation and wire stands with one squeeze!

Crimper2.jpg

It also has a ratcheting mechanism which provides a better mechanical advantage (leverage). This allows for tighter, more consistent crimps and it's easier to use.

Crimper3.jpg

Professional, tight crimps that you can rely on

How to make a Crimp in 5 Steps

Result.jpg

We also sell female terminals and housings so you can shorten all those pesky servo leads

Servo Plugs

Servo-Plugs.jpg

Post up any feedback or suggestions on what else you'd like to see OverkillRC carry. Thanks!

While I do not have these tools, I have very very similar and I can say that once you buy flush cutters, and a servo crimper you will wonder why you have been stuffing wires everywhere. VERY handy tools to own.

I'm getting ready to get together another order, bringing in afew more things and stocking up on everything. (New stuff == Male servo ends (male pins), servo wire, and maybe some pig tails)

So far, all i've heard is good results. And starting to get re-orders which is always a good sign :mrgreen:

If you have any requests for something todo with wiring stuff up, send me an email. Tools, crimp connections, wire, pig tails, etc.

Also, If you're unhappy with any of the tools you purchased through me; Send me an email within 2 weeks of receipt and I'll send a full refund plus a return shipping label.

Nice price on the flush cutters... so what your saying is I would mangle them to death if I tried to cut my model train track with them :twisted: that being said good quality tools make the job sooooo much easier and safer. Beats trying to strip wire with a pair of scissors or an x-acto knife :x:oops:

Nice price on the flush cutters... so what your saying is I would mangle them to death if I tried to cut my model train track with them :twisted: that being said good quality tools make the job sooooo much easier and safer. Beats trying to strip wire with a pair of scissors or an x-acto knife :x:oops:

what is the train track made out of?

Servo Plugs
so you get a pack of 10 for $5.50?

Yes, 10 plastic housings and 30 crimp connections.

I should have more goodies for ya'll late next week or early the following week.

~ I'll have crimpers, and standard servo plugs will be back in stock
~ I'll have male servo plugs (male crimp pins, female plastic housings)...these are good if you want to make extensions or a quick disconnect type thing if you're wiring up led's or something
~ I've got some high quality servo wire coming in. 22awg, white/red/black wire color, very flexible.
~ Lastly, but still amazing...I'll be selling 8" pre made servo leads

I plan on carrying smaller gauge wire in the future (26 and 28 awg) for scaler wiring. Along with some other goodies to make your scaler wiring harness sexy :twisted:

Crimpers and servo plugs are back in stock

I also added some male servo ends (Female plastic, male crimp pins) to my site (no pics yet)
I'll be adding 22awg servo wire in the next week or so, once i get it cut up in chunks and take some pics. It'll be sold in 10ft chunks. It is futaba colors, black/red/white.

I've had a set of the blue handled servo wire crimpers for about a year now and they work great. Definitely a must have item"thumbsup"

The wire is "nickel silver" (primarily copper with some nickel and zinc) so its relatively easy to cut its just you need good quality cutters or you will mash the rail and cause lots of issues :evil:

I'm not sure how well they'd handle that...I've actually had good luck with these compared to other flush cutters I've used. They may deform, but it may just dull them quickly.

I'll tell you what, if you mangle them death because the train track is too hard, I'll give you half off a replacement pair.

I'm not sure how well they'd handle that...I've actually had good luck with these compared to other flush cutters I've used. They may deform, but it may just dull them quickly.

I'll tell you what, if you mangle them death because the train track is too hard, I'll give you half off a replacement pair.

Works for me 8) consider it torture testing :twisted: :roll::mrgreen:

Back