• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

550 12t 5-slot motors: Holmes Hobbies Crawlmaster Sport vs. Surpass Hobby

I was busy with nursing school and missed this post when it was made.
I'll give 5 stars to anyone making a post who does their best to document their results in a scientific manor.
Comparing brushed motors has held my interest since I started this hobby. I have been playing with making a google sheet spreadsheet that shows the difference between motors and what effects changing armature size, turns, wire size, copper fill, slot count, slot count.
The problem is motors on paper never match up to reality. so we can only generalize performance, without real world tests.
As much as I would love to have a $500 rc motor dyno for these motors and one of each motor to test, it will never happen, and generalizations are more often than not all we can get.
Most of my data revolves around holmes Hobbies motor lineup because its easy to follow and he has posted the best data I have seen to date with even a few Dyno charts.

I have some motor Charts in the Gearing calculator, I can't speak to the accuracy, it is a work in progress.
But it does show that given a specific lineup of motors, How turns, gearing and voltage affects torque and power.

Also you can't (or at least I can't) resize images here, it's a minor annoyance with big images as with a 1920 resolution monitor one might need to scroll left and right to read your first post unless they zoom out of the page.

Back