• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
Why would one want ESCape32 when AM32 seems to be the standard?
for ESCape32 you don't need a laptop to tune your esc. you can just plug it into the Wi-Fi adapter and link to it using your phone with no need to download any software. it makes it way way easier for the end user.

lets just say it could be the new standard. but I haven't tested it yet. I've heard complaints about the switch out from sine (quiet mode) to normal op is weird or stall like.

im hoping escape32 is good and i can get it on the neutron rc 70a boards.

I've been in touch with the guy, he is based in BC Canada. Big old community on discord (I'd never heard of it either) and he is really hands on and super helpful.

He supplies 25A & 50A bare boards pre-flashed with the ESCape32 fimware (and the wifi thing) but only as a sideline. I've asked him if it's ok to mention prices on here, if he is keeping hardware sales under the radar I'm not going to broadcast his position!

I can say they are cheap :)

Edit: he doesn't want to broadcast hard prices for various reasons, so I'll respect that. But honestly, if I can find him with my lack of tech ability then so can anyone else!

Last edited:
Hello everyone! ESCape32's author here.:)
Where do you find this obscure stuff?
Have you tried that ESC you linked to?
I wouldn't call the SEQURE board obscure. I'd say it's one of the best boards I've seen (and I've seen a lot of them). Very well made, no cheap components, 8 layer 3oz PCB, metal mosfets, voltage and current sensors, small and running a genuine STM32G071GB chip. I'm not affiliated with any manufacturer btw. Just sharing what I see. ESCape32 will always stay independent and free for everyone. It's a hobby project after all lol.:ROFLMAO:
The Sequre is the only cheaper ESCape32 based esc I've found so far. I'm not going to order one till I compare the neutron rc board with different firmware. escape 32 might be the easiest to tune (not needing a laptop with windows or linux or a flight controller) but the actual end operation might be lacking performance compared to AM32.
Why would you think the actual operation might be lacking performance? It very well may be quite the opposite.:giggle: ESCape32 is written with great attention to details and precision and is focused on maximum hardware utilization. It's been popular in the crawler scene for more than a year.

These are the main internal differences from AM32:
1) 100% atomic hardware preloaded commutation control;
2) hardware comparator output capture and filtering;
3) hardware timer chaining for maximum precision;
4) high resolution commutation timer support (F051, G071, G431 MCUs);
5) high resolution temperature control both in sine and trap modes;
6) serial input and telemetry protocol support (iBUS/S.BUS/CRSF);
7) analog input support;
8) sensored startup mode and motor lock feature (coming up in the next revision);
... and many more.

For crawlers, there are a number of little things to make seamless transition from sine to trap extremely precise - step synchronization, ERPM synchronization, commutation synchronization, etc.
Yep too complicated for me and the tools I have available to me so I'm out. Thanks for the info!
Why would one want ESCape32 when AM32 seems to be the standard?
All standards are an illusion. BlHeli32 had been a standard for a long time, and... It's gone!
So the real "feature" that ESCape32 brings over plain vanilla AM32, is the ESCape32 WiFi link module, and an app that works on PC/Mobile devices.
The ESCape32 Wi-Fi Link is just a convenient wrapper around a simple text-based configuration protocol ("command line interface" or CLI). The true flexibility is that it's not strictly required at all. One can use a simple terminal program to gain access to their ESC. That's the UNIX philosophy in the works.

One unique feature that the wifi link brings though is transparent RTTTL music format support for easy customization of startup tones.
To get AM32 or ESCape32 onto an ESC, you still need the same programming tools (ST-Link adapter, AND the USB-TTL adapter). Once you have ESCape32 flashed onto the ESC, Then you can utilize the ESCape32 WiFi adapter to "adjust" the ESC, much like you would the AM32 ESC's via the USB-TTL tool and software on a windows based PC.
You can easily migrate over from AM32 to ESCape32 without any programming tools. Here's the migration guide:
TipsAndTricks

Please also note that you can migrate back as easily should you desire. True freedom of choice! That's by design btw.
for ESCape32 you don't need a laptop to tune your esc. you can just plug it into the Wi-Fi adapter and link to it using your phone with no need to download any software. it makes it way way easier for the end user.
Please note that most settings are adjusted in real time, i.e. you can run your motor using the virtual throttle slider and see how the changed settings affect it. That's not something standard you can find anywhere else.
lets just say it could be the new standard. but I haven't tested it yet. I've heard complaints about the switch out from sine (quiet mode) to normal op is weird or stall like.
For truly seamless transition from sine startup to normal mode, stall protection must be enabled (it's disabled by default). It's all described in details in the wiki:
im hoping escape32 is good and i can get it on the neutron rc 70a boards.
That's entirely possible. Please hop into our discord server should you need support.

Welcome aboard/welcome back! Thank you for joining us! It was good talking to you and I'm anxious to get back from vacation and get one of your boards and start tinkering with ESCape32! Let me know if you have any more trouble posting threads on here and I will do my best to help you out.

I told you he was hands on! 😂
That's great! We love hands on guys. Most of us like getting our hands on things.

The ESCape32 Wi-Fi Link is just a convenient wrapper around a simple text-based configuration protocol ("command line interface" or CLI). The true flexibility is that it's not strictly required at all. One can use a simple terminal program to gain access to their ESC. That's the UNIX philosophy in the works.

One unique feature that the wifi link brings though is transparent RTTTL music format support for easy customization of startup tones.

You can easily migrate over from AM32 to ESCape32 without any programming tools. Here's the migration guide:
TipsAndTricks

Please also note that you can migrate back as easily should you desire. True freedom of choice! That's by design btw.
I stand corrected, and enlightened. Thanks much for the extra info!

Back