• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cut Pit Bull Maddogs=Amazing

I stand by it, most here only do what others do and that may work for them but it might not and they don't even know it.

The brain less part may have been a little much

I don't own a set of r/c tires that haven't been modified in some way that increased their performance over stock. Well that's actually not totally true, my paddles are still stock although I run a better foam in them than the crap they came with. :lol:

I dig the cut pitbulls, the tires are mall terrains in the 1:1 world and it's no different in the 1:10 world either unless they're cut like these. They seem to work well enough but I would have probably started out with a different tire from the start that was more open.

Last edited:
I dig the cut pitbulls, the tires are mall terrains in the 1:1 world and it's no different in the 1:10 world either unless they're cut like these. They seem to work well enough but I would have probably started out with a different tire from the start that was more open.

Most of the people here have never owned a 1:1 that they can wheel. It's hilarious to see what some people say, just boggles the mind. Most wont even get the mall reference:lmao:

Most of the people here have never owned a 1:1 that they can wheel. It's hilarious to see what some people say, just boggles the mind. Most wont even get the mall reference:lmao:

You ever notice the consensus of what is good and bad is based upon looks a lot of time? My junk looks like junk even though highly polished. :lol:

You ever notice the consensus of what is good and bad is based upon looks a lot of time? My junk looks like junk even though highly polished. :lol:

Looks or whatever the dude with 1500 posts said is right.:lmao:

You paint your rig flaming labia pink too?:flipoff:

Looks or whatever the dude with 1500 posts said is right.:lmao:

You paint your rig flaming labia pink too?:flipoff:

Would I do that?? :lol:

IMAG0260_zps247d309b.jpg

My crawler has a neon green 70 ford body on it and the exo I just picked up is getting some sort of random fluorescent panel set soon. The bright red body on it just don't do it for me. :lmao:

You'll be happy to hear that fofftarded II is generic gloss black for the time being though. :lol:

Not trying to fuel any fires, but scaled down 1:10 tires definitely do not perform like their 1:1 counterparts. Think of the particle size that the terrain is made up of, both for big and small wheeling. Rough beach sand for example, is almost gravel in the scale world.

Although the rig has been scaled down, the terrain and dirt hasn't, and a more open tread may be required the smaller the tire gets.

Find a product that works for your particular terrain and conditions. Finding means buying, cutting, fabricating, whatever, as long as it works!

Cheers to the determination to get your rig to work better, that's all!

Wow, this went sideways real quick.....

Can we get back on topic. Maddogs in my terrain didn't fair well, but I have them and I like the proportions and the compound so I modded them to make them work and now they work amazing. I'm happy and I wanted to share. "thumbsup"

well said, ive caught just as much shyt for cutting my tires with locals, even brand new tires, bam! get em cut.

i just wait till i walk up lines they cant even get remotely close to in the first place, love the cut bud "thumbsup"

Jumping in on the band wagon.... I've always cut and or grooved all my 1:1 crawler tires.

Oh, and I cut my 2.2 Rockbeasts too, hope no one is too mad about it.... :flipoff:

Do they work better? Maybe, maybe not... :roll:

Do the chicks at the mall dig them? Ofcourse not, they don't even know what RC stands for... :lmao:

Southern cut pitbull rock beast 2.2's and 1.9 spare.

Last edited:
Jumping in on the band wagon.... I've always cut and or grooved all my 1:1 crawler tires.

Oh, and I cut my 2.2 Rockbeasts too, hope no one is too mad about it.... :flipoff:

Do they work better? Maybe, maybe not... :roll:

Do the chicks at the mall dig them? Ofcourse not, they don't even know what RC stands for... :lmao:

http://s594.photobucket.com/user/90finder/media/Mobile Uploads/20140303_173020_zpsjkvhhipb.jpg.html

I like that cut, reminds me of tim camerons Showtime tsl cut.

Not trying to fuel any fires, but scaled down 1:10 tires definitely do not perform like their 1:1 counterparts. Think of the particle size that the terrain is made up of, both for big and small wheeling. Rough beach sand for example, is almost gravel in the scale world.

Although the rig has been scaled down, the terrain and dirt hasn't, and a more open tread may be required the smaller the tire gets

That's actually why I love the ProLine TSL's so much.
It seems PL actually redesigned the lug pattern instead of just hitting the scale down button.

I cut my rb2 and they crawl much better in both rocks and trailing before cutting I dislike liked them now I just dislike there size.

IMG_20140305_171050_zps68b80e90.jpg

Also cut my tsls. I love the tsl. Best tire I have hope I didn t screw it up by cutting

Last edited:
A little update... I'm still stoked on the cut. The only issue they have is the tend to skip a bit when spinning on smooth rock. I need to tune the foams a bit and I'm sure that will help. That being said, they do well at medium speeds, so it's not really an issue.

Awesome. I think your cut looks sweet. Id buy that tire just so I could do your cut

Back