• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Cut Pit Bull Maddogs=Amazing

Dont give anyone in here givin you flak for what YOU did with YOUR tires the time of day as their opinion isnt worth the shat it smells like and resembles. If you bought a tire cause you thought it was cool lookin and it didnt meet your expectations, either sell it and move on or cut it and try to make it work. I commend you for not only tryin to make it work, but actually succeeding.

Also, this bullshit about bustin someones balls cause they did somethin you dont like has no place on RCC or in this hobby in general. So many hobby related forums are PLAGUED by keyboard warriors lookin to get a "like" or two from fellow nutswingers by sayin somethin stupid then gettin defensive when called out on it. If you have somethin constructive to say or have some tips then post it up, otherwise, move on and let the OP continue on his merry way. If your truely trying to teach him about picking the right tires for his terrain then do so in a way he will actually benefit from. Thats the beauty of this place! The knowledge that floats around here is amazing as is the willingness for those who have it to share it with others WITHOUT belittling them or making them feel stupid for bein new or not knowin better. We were all new once and gained the know-how that we have from others in the hobby, dont go screwin that up around here.

Matt

Pitbull designs their tires with many edges and a terrific tire compound to grip. This is the same way with the scale tires. They are so well scaled that they have the same characteristics as the 1:1 tire. Therefore, because they work so well, I never needed to cut a set. They worked great as is.

How many 1:1 Pitbulls do you see cut? Not many.

...you should have known that the tread was doing to clog up in the snow. That's why you should have gone with a tire that had bigger gaps between the tread. But instead of selling them off and buying the right set, you decided to cut.

Again, you should have thought about the terrain you were going to be running in before you bought a set. The Maddogs are more for a dry, tacky rock. Not snow and slippery rock.

You'll learn..

I have a Twitter and never post negative stuff, so I have no idea where you were going with that. I know I'm not alone with this opinion of cutting Pitbull's awesome tires.

I am LMAO and very sad at the same . The country, no the world must be full of people like you, who feel, and actually believe that you know what is best for other people. The kind of people who say ban soda, cause everybody is fat, rather than telling them to get off ther butts, put down the cell phones and igadgets and do someting. These same people say ban guns, cause of gun violence, rather than taking the responsiblity to educate the public about gun safety, and maybe take measures to keep them out of the hands of the mentally unstable. This no child left behind crap came from these lovely people who feel it is their duty to tell everyone else how wrong they are. So for you Lent I have a great big :flipoff:, and for Unlimited I congratulate you on the tire cutting job. I think they look cool, and am sure they perform much better now, but what do I know? I run cut boggers on my wraith, so I made a poor decision when I bought my tires as well.:lmao:

Sorry for the rant, I couldn't help myself

Guys..... It was my personal opinion.... I don't care one bit about how many likes I get on a comment.

I PERSONALLY think it is a waste to cut tires that have a lot of awesome performance as they are out of the bag. I'm kind of shocked at how many members blasted me for my opinion. Maybe it was the way I typed it out that made me seem like I was blasting him?

Guys..... It was my personal opinion.... I don't care one bit about how many likes I get on a comment.

I PERSONALLY think it is a waste to cut tires that have a lot of awesome performance as they are out of the bag. I'm kind of shocked at how many members blasted me for my opinion. Maybe it was the way I typed it out that made me seem like I was blasting him?

Please kindly follow this flow chart and leave him alone.

You werent blasted for your opinion, but your means of STATING your opinion. If you meant well and it was read wrong then thats fine, I get it and its one of the downfalls of text based communication vs in person or over the phone etc. Too often I find Forums that were once amazingly helpful, really entertaining and somewhere I enjoy being a part of fall apart thanks to hotheaded E-warriors trolling around to piss people off, treating newbs harshly for kicks and generally turning the atmosphere of the place from pleasant and helpful to hateful and eventually dead thanks to all the members leaving. This place has held up against this new trend and I hope it stays that way!

Matt

You werent blasted for your opinion, but your means of STATING your opinion. If you meant well and it was read wrong then thats fine, I get it and its one of the downfalls of text based communication vs in person or over the phone etc.
Matt

That's all it was.

To the OP, I apologize if I offended you or was sour in my posts.

Dang I wish this place was the norm, this thread woulda gone 10 pages of BS and ended with a recipe for beer can chicken had it been anywhere else! Love it!

Matt

Wow, this went sideways real quick.....

Can we get back on topic. Maddogs in my terrain didn't fair well, but I have them and I like the proportions and the compound so I modded them to make them work and now they work amazing. I'm happy and I wanted to share. "thumbsup"

just a quick question did you run them just once or twice before cutting them? i live in a wet slipper smooth rock place with snow depends on where you go ran them a couple times taught they were not as good then the third time it started walking lines that the rock beast could not do on wet conditions.. just wondering a friend had the same experience he ran it at his usuall spot super wet icy mossy smooth rocks verticle climbs did not awe him he taught it was a waste of money then ran it on his wrexo with pro4 power to break it in went back the next day and it walked climbs that his rig and friends rigs could barely make or struggled... just wondering if you gave it a few more runs it would perfrom to your liking.. before cutting them up..but your tires your hard earn money respect your choice just wanted to share before people start cutting up this tire before giving it a shot... just my experience.. glad it works great,,, nice job on the cuts

Last edited:
Yeah I ran them a bunch on times in different conditions of my scx and twin hammers. They just packed up too much for me.

Awesome. Way to modify them to your specific needs. People do it all the time in the 1:1 world. This sport was based on this very thing, taking some RC bits that were not for crawling (RC crawling in 2005? Whats that?) and modding them to work. It's how RC crawling was built and how it will continue to grow and advance. It's called thinking outside the box, not following the herd like a sheep.

I'd love to see video of those climbs, very good looking spot.

Awesome. Way to modify them to your specific needs. People do it all the time in the 1:1 world. This sport was based on this very thing, taking some RC bits that were not for crawling (RC crawling in 2005? Whats that?) and modding them to work. It's how RC crawling was built and how it will continue to grow and advance. It's called thinking outside the box, not following the herd like a sheep.

I'd love to see video of those climbs, very good looking spot.

Thanks.

I tried to video it, but I couldn't make the climbs one handed and I was solo. I will try again next time I'm out.

Exactly, it's his rig and creativity made it work better.. all you haters out there..??#+?=!.. I get more satisfaction from making something my own or improving it to perform better rather than just click on eBay and throw on an out of the box part. Some on here are so critical and ridiculous about what others do, run with it and get creative..

I PERSONALLY think it is a waste to cut tires that have a lot of awesome performance as they are out of the bag.

All the tires i have cut perform better that the same tire uncut using in the same conditions, that is my personal experience, so if you haven't tried it save the comments for yourself

I was born to cut my tires load my own ammunition and think for myself.

I'd say at least 95% of Rcc members are brainless and only doing what Harley or the others to b's say to do.

The other 5% actually tune there rigs to they're own liking and conditions

I was born to cut my tires load my own ammunition and think for myself.

Agree with this.

I'd say at least 95% of Rcc members are brainless and only doing what Harley or the others to b's say to do.

The other 5% actually tune there rigs to they're own liking and conditions

Don't agree with this, yes people do some stuff that they say because of their experience but that doesn't mean they dont tune it to their liking.

Back