• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Comanche Build - Very Scale - SCX10

Okay, the interior is painted and decals applied, driver fitted and interior installed.

Just need to install the headlights and tail lights and that should be it.

Here are some pics with the interior finished.

DSC01793.jpg

DSC01795.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

DSC01798.jpg

DSC01800.jpg

DSC01802.jpg

DSC01804.jpg

DSC01805.jpg

DSC01806.jpg

Last edited:
I took the time to paint a set of these factory Jeep "limited" wheels the correct colors this time. First I painted the face of the wheels gold, then I used a compass to cut out a circle from some 2" blue masking tape to cover the mesh area. Next I painted the edge of the rim with Spaz Stix chrome. I even went the distance and painted the lug nuts with a tiny brush and some Testors "metal" color paint.

After a little drying time I carefully mounted the BF Goodrich tires and put them on the truck to see how they looked.

Here are some pics of the progress.

DSC01811.jpg

DSC01812.jpg

DSC01813.jpg

DSC01815.jpg

DSC01817.jpg

Last edited:
Just for fun I put the Mud Slingers and 1.55 steel wheels on to see how it would look with over-sized tires. Definitely too big for a stock ride height Comanche. I will probably go with the 1.55 Mud Thrashers like I did on the Cherokee. They should fit without rubbing, even with the low ride height.

DSC01818.jpg

DSC01820.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

DSC01825.jpg

Last edited:
Like this rig alot, attention to detail A-1, definently a rig thats gonna fool people. Watched open diffs video, I liked the little BFG's( thought I was gonna get some on a CC-01 but out of stock status caused me to get a unimog), and the slingers dont look out of place/scale either. IMO only cut drives window out."thumbsup"

Like this rig alot, attention to detail A-1, definently a rig thats gonna fool people. Watched open diffs video, I liked the little BFG's( thought I was gonna get some on a CC-01 but out of stock status caused me to get a unimog), and the slingers dont look out of place/scale either. IMO only cut drives window out."thumbsup"

Thanks.

I like the cut out drivers window mod, especially the half down version. I might give it a try. Two things to think of though, filling the interior up with dirt, and if I can do it without screwing up the body. lol One slip of the Exacto knife and all my work goes down the drain. Probably best to do it before painting.

Still, I'm gonna give it some serious consideration.

[/QUOTE] (Origanaly posted by: Spidernad) Oh, and yes Ford does rock. I'm working on a vintage Ford RC truck at the moment too.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! send a link! "thumbsup"

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
Originally posted by: Spidernad
Oh, and yes Ford does rock. I'm working on a vintage Ford RC truck at the moment too.

Sweet! send a link! "thumbsup"

Thanks.

I like the cut out drivers window mod, especially the half down version. I might give it a try. Two things to think of though, filling the interior up with dirt, and if I can do it without screwing up the body. lol One slip of the Exacto knife and all my work goes down the drain. Probably best to do it before painting.

Still, I'm gonna give it some serious consideration.

Hear that, I have cut out of bounds before and its heart breaking. On this rig it would be absolutly devastating.

very detailed man cant wait to see the finished product

It's just about there. I put the headlights in yesterday so the only thing left is to put in the light unit when it gets here (any day now).

I will probably just use the Jeep limited wheels for pictures and use the 1.55 Mud Thrashers for 4-wheelin'

Last edited:
Back