• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Comanche Build - Very Scale - SCX10

I started on my least favorite part of any build for me, the body!
I'm a gearhead, I like building the chassis, so trimming, masking and painting are tedious and frustrating to me but it won't do itself so I better get to it.

DSC01703.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!

Ha, I knew the jack would get some inquires. I completely forgot I had it.
I got it at (wait for it...) Sears! lol, maybe 7 to 10 years ago, it works like a real one too. Wrong scale for this though, looks like about 1/4 scale.

Oh and I really like the shocks now that I've got them working the way I want.

Sears? I go there all the time but inever see that. And i wanna upgrade my stock shocks but dont know what to get. Thanks for the reply!

Sears? I go there all the time but inever see that. And i wanna upgrade my stock shocks but dont know what to get. Thanks for the reply!

The jack was a limited issue thing, I checked on the internet and there is a couple on Ebay for big money.

I like these shocks for scale looks but if you want a high performance shock these are not it. Maybe Pro-line, I've heard good things about their shocks.

The jack was a limited issue thing, I checked on the internet and there is a couple on Ebay for big money.

I like these shocks for scale looks but if you want a high performance shock these are not it. Maybe Pro-line, I've heard good things about their shocks.

Dam that sucks about the jack!
Now the shocks, yeah i was going for more of a scale look but then again i do hear a lot about the proline shocks. Thanks for the info, cleared up some questions i had.

Got a little further on the body work.
Fitted the floor pan. Didn't realize you have to cut a slot in the floor pan for the cab and bed to slide through.
Started roughing out the bed too.

Would have more done but I tried to relax a little on the 4th of July and had to work again today too.

DSC01705.jpg

DSC01706.jpg

DSC01707.jpg

DSC01708.jpg

looks awesome - actually BOTH of your rides look cool as hell

where in NJ are you at? Philly here and looking for places to run - not totally into the comp aspect of scale running, but could get into it

looks awesome - actually BOTH of your rides look cool as hell

where in NJ are you at? Philly here and looking for places to run - not totally into the comp aspect of scale running, but could get into it

Thanks.

I'm in Cinnaminson.

What kind of rig do you run? Any pics you can post?

I've been wanting to turn my back yard into a scale terrain.
So far I've brought home a load of dirt with my dump truck, lol, that's what you see in the Cherokee videos. I have a fair bit of rocks to set up too.

Thanks.

I'm in Cinnaminson.

What kind of rig do you run? Any pics you can post?

I've been wanting to turn my back yard into a scale terrain.
So far I've brought home a load of dirt with my dump truck, lol, that's what you see in the Cherokee videos. I have a fair bit of rocks to set up too.

I got a scx10 - in pieces right now.. was in the process of doing some upgrades, and the new baby came early, then outdoor racing so its sitting in pieces

I was running a hard body H2, but have since bought the cherokee body, interior, and floor pan...Plan to put it all together and do some lighting (thanks for the RAM light find in the other thread), roof rack w/goodies, and 1.55 mud stompers (once i get the rims)

I like the stance of yours, probably going to shoot for that height - as soon as i replace my shocks ;)

If you take your time on the shocks they're great scalers. I use some Team Associated Green slime on the O-rings when building them. Never had an issue with SCX10 shocks...and I've had them on 4 or 5 rigs. The proline's aren't bad, but are pretty pricey. The Traxxas big bores are great, but a bit less scale.

I finally got the paint finished on the Comanche.

This is what it looks like before peeling off the overspray film.

DSC01760.jpg

And after removing the overspray film.

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01762.jpg

DSC01764.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, got the decals on. (I dread decals almost as much as painting)

Bolted the bed to the cab and fitted the body to the chassis.

Had to use 4mm shorter lower front links to get the tire centered in the front wheel well. So the front lower link length is now 94mm instead of the 98mm that is used for the 12.3" WB SCX10, I think I could even go to 93mm but this will do for now. (good thing I bought a bunch of different link lengths and spacers to make any size link I might need)

Still need to paint the interior and fit the driver but here are some pics of the progress so far. (started with the stock tires for now but will try some of the bigger ones later)

DSC01771.jpg

DSC01772.jpg

DSC01775.jpg

DSC01778.jpg

Here it is with the Cherokee.

DSC01785.jpg

Last edited:
Back