• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Chevotafun's Bullied Sudu Pro

Wondering what was funky??

Me being cross eyed at 12:30 at night LOl :roll::roll:

No the real reason was one of the upper link rod ends weren't screwed in far enough and then figured out I needed to put longer rod ends on the front upper to bring the skid up high enough to clear the lower front link.

Last edited:
Hope you do well at the comp"thumbsup"

Thank you
Comp went well pulled a first place with the new chassis
Truck felt good, still needs a few tweaks but all and all super happy with the way it felt right out of the box."thumbsup"

First time running a 60/40 chassis

Love benign able to drive upside down again :mrgreen:

Might need to get some other rear lower links to try with a little less bend as these one hit the uppers, causing some binding and limiting the truck from getting its full flex.

Last edited:
What stops you from being able to lay the rear links down so they dont hit the uppers?

Here are some pictures of how it looks as of now.
Still missing my skins :(

pic-1 just a picture lol
pic-2 Flex shot
pic-3 Fully compressed
pic-4 Full droop
pic-5 Ride height

Attachments

• DSC_0429.jpg
    DSC_0429.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 1,308
  • DSC_0430.jpg
    DSC_0430.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 1,293
  • DSC_0431.jpg
    DSC_0431.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,314
  • DSC_0432.jpg
    DSC_0432.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,303
  • DSC_0433.jpg
    DSC_0433.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 1,289
Last edited:
Mike, I think you need to get some better shaped rears. Or, if you stick with those, what about running the rear uppers on the inside of the chassis and spreading the lowers a touch?

Mike, I think you need to get some better shaped rears. Or, if you stick with those, what about running the rear uppers on the inside of the chassis and spreading the lowers a touch?

Not sure if better is the word I would use, but yes alittle less arch might be in order. "thumbsup"

When I say "twist" the rear lowers.... I mean TAHWIST the rear lowers. Almost like you want the radius laying flat to the ground. Looking at your pics above, unless you put them back that way, youre not even in the ball park of where you can twist them.

When you get a chassis that has minimal separation between the uppers and lowers at the chassis, you run into problems like this. My super and the Losi Comp crawler have the same issue. I have made many, many, many sets of links for both the LCC and my super and its an easy way to get around the issue. On top of that, it actually makes the geometry from the rear axle to the chassis much better because it puts the rod ends in a straight line (no binding at all).

If the lowers just come back to the same position after hitting a rock, you either didnt twist them far enough or the plastic in your rod ends is loose and allowing the link to screw/unscrew when they are touched.

Make sure that you twist the link inwards (or even outwards if it works) but make sure when you have the free play of the rod balls that the link only has the range of motion where it flops around and does not hit the upper link. Hopefully that makes sense.

Here is a pic of far I have to lay my supers links down. The upper and lower links would be in full contact at ride height if I didnt lay them down.

20141104_074508_zpsa5c106d8.jpg

Here is a link for more information on how people have always set up the LCC with my lower links since they have the same problem. You can see the LCC twists the bends outwards rather than inwards though. Either way works.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/chas...gh-clearance-titainium-links.html#post2801343

Scores from the day

Randy-Mammoth
Bob-Solitiare
Ray-
Deron-BillyD
Brett- brettd
Mike- Chevotafun

Attachments

• DSC_0436.jpg
    DSC_0436.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 1,239
Last edited:
Been acouple days now since I have updated things so here we go.

Got the links all worked out, the truck seems to work much better now that the links don't hit. "thumbsup"

picture #1
Links touching
Links don't touch anymore after rotating them
shows how much I had to rotate the lower link
Side skins
Roof

Attachments

• DSC_0440.jpg
    DSC_0440.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,154
  • DSC_0439.jpg
    DSC_0439.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,181
  • DSC_0437.jpg
    DSC_0437.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 1,157
  • DSC_0438.jpg
    DSC_0438.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,150
  • DSC_0445.jpg
    DSC_0445.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 1,151
Also going to be making acouple changes the truck.

Ordered a set of the New Brood Nexus 16T CVR motors with light weight can. Same motor that was used on the truck that won Worlds :)
For the price of these motors I just couldn't pass them up.

Bearings for my D-lux knuckles should be here today or tomorrow so I can get those installed.

Also ordered a set of orange G10 rims from D-lux to go with the rest of the orange theme.

Oh and we had another comp over the weekend and the Sudu pulled a first place.
Truck is feeling very balanced and predicable now "thumbsup"

Randy-Mammoth
Bob-Solitiare
Ray-
Deron-BillyD
Brett- brettd
Mike- Chevotafun

Attachments

• DSC_0444.jpg
    DSC_0444.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,139
Ordered a set of the New Brood Nexus 16T CVR motors with light weight can. Same motor that was used on the truck that won Worlds :)

Same arm only, the rest of the motor is brand new, Manu used Conflux Stubbies to win worlds.

Back