• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

cheap 3 gear aluminum trans

i finally got one of the sloppy 3 gears
i ordered 2 more from the same seller one was tight and the other had the sloppy input shaft
the input shaft is 4.8mm not 5mm so its sloppy inside the bearings the bearing pocket is tight and every thing seems ok everywere else
the spur gear is also slightly out of round by maybe a half a mm so that dosent help ether
i used some plastic from the packadging it came in and placed it over the shaft then slid my bearing in place it worked and i now have good gear mesh and no more sloppy shaft
i might some day get a new input shaft but for now it seems to be good
so 1 bad shaft out of about 20 of these units thats not to bad considering what they are and how cheap they are lol

Last edited:
Back