• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

cheap 3 gear aluminum trans

Didn't get this cheap tranny, but got one identical to it, other than it had a counter-rotating shaft assembly on the front.
Then I picked up a 2nd that had the knockoff dig on it in black(red dig and silver spur cover).

took them both apart, and made the Grey one a counter-rotating shaft with dig tranny. the black tranny is now just a plain old 3 gear now.

got it stuck in my Monster Mash build going on.

took them both apart, and made the Grey one a counter-rotating shaft with dig tranny.

Nice. Can you link me to where you got the counter rotating transmission? I'd like to check it out, and couldn't find it with a quick search.

Didn't get this cheap tranny, but got one identical to it, other than it had a counter-rotating shaft assembly on the front.
Then I picked up a 2nd that had the knockoff dig on it in black(red dig and silver spur cover).

took them both apart, and made the Grey one a counter-rotating shaft with dig tranny. the black tranny is now just a plain old 3 gear now.

got it stuck in my Monster Mash build going on.
thats pretty damb cool

ive seen the dig and the counter rotating rear shaft but not the counter rotating front shaft

that would work great on a wraith or bomber or anything with a big skid

ooohhh found one https://www.ebay.com/itm/3835807937...QdsP-LyQl6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Last edited:
thats pretty damb cool

ive seen the dig and the counter rotating rear shaft but not the counter rotating front shaft

that would work great on a wraith or bomber or anything with a big skid

ooohhh found one https://www.ebay.com/itm/3835807937...QdsP-LyQl6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

That's what I'm thinking. I have a skid with an extra tcase to reverse rotation, but it's too pretty to modify to fit my chassis. I might consider that instead of the VP 3 gear I was going to use with it.

Attachments

• IMG_9448.jpg
    IMG_9448.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 393
Got the Front Counter Rotating tranny in Grey with a Red Spur Cover on Evilzon for 50.99.
The Black tranny with Red Dig also from Evilzon for 60.99.

Need a .9 mm Allen Key to remove the DIG Cog on the tranny to get it off the output shaft, to install in the CRS Tranny and install the Dig on it.
Bit more than I wanted to spend for a tranny for my Monster Mash build, but its only vastly inflated, fiat (Fake) money.

That's what I'm thinking. I have a skid with an extra tcase to reverse rotation, but it's too pretty to modify to fit my chassis. I might consider that instead of the VP 3 gear I was going to use with it.

Yup. would fit find. Same old trapazoid bolt pattern. mounted right up to the Pheonix skid on the MM build.

found another deal on these having found a home for the last ones i bought and then came accrosed another screaming deal so i got another one lol
i think my everest 10 needs a new tranny lol maybe not but i think its getting one anyway

Ya, sometimes you find a seller with smashin low prices on some decent shit.
Just wish they would tighten up their tolerances, though there is no doubt things are better quality than they generally were 10 yrs back.

My $22 trans... I shimmed it up internally and it's been holding up well. I was expecting the cheap gears to grenade eventually, but they've held up to some serious 2.2 abuse so far in my Yeti with a Trailmaster 550 on 3S.

Before the Holmes motor came in...
20191028-110634sm.jpg

Hmm! For $14.79 and FREE 4 day shipping, why not! I ordered 2 to try out!"thumbsup"
mine is here ready lol

i have never got a bad one they all spun nice and smooth

indid get one were the machining on the outside was off by about a mm half way around but it works good

i have had issues with the newer 2 speeds though ive had to finnish drilling out the shifter hole and had to rework the shifter cogs cause they jamed up the shifting is still kinda iffy but i dont shift alot anyway so im runnin it anyway

Well after reading this thread I found a good deal on the counter rotating trans, $39 shipped. I’ve found on eBay if you watch an item, or add it to cart and wait a few days, sellers will send you an offer for slightly less. Works on some retail sites also, if you enter your email, add stuff to cart and then wait a few days, sometimes they will hit you with a discount.

Anyway, I’m not typically a fan of, or put a lot of faith in China knock off parts, but for the price, it may be a really good fit for a project I have in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have arrived! They don’t look too bad for $15 each. All aluminum casing, looks like aluminum spur gear and they both feel really smooth when spun. They also come with mounting hardware and pinions.

I’ll get these apart later to see what they look like on the inside.

9f53b80767e81c95bcb1b5c8f54a9ae7.jpg

They have arrived! They don’t look too bad for $15 each. All aluminum casing, looks like aluminum spur gear and they both feel really smooth when spun. They also come with mounting hardware and pinions.

I’ll get these apart later to see what they look like on the inside.

9f53b80767e81c95bcb1b5c8f54a9ae7.jpg

Standard 3 gear tranny but fairly dry, bust out some marine grease when you get inside them.

Back