• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Car 61 ~~ The Rock Cop ~~~ with VID !

got the shackles painted up and mounted.

rear tail light/ recovery point done.

beefy :evil:

i7662t.jpg

2cxxgtl.jpg

thanks again to my pops for the shackles.
:D

now i need to make a fuel cell and a gear locker.

propane tanks on the rear deck, or fuel cell under the deck to take up some of the empty slack under there ?
:?:

Dig the trans skid reminds me of a Dana 300 skid on a CJ

You've done an outstanding job. You've really gained some skills since the old Bronco you got off me. Maybe I should send you my current Tundra project and see what you can do with it, see how strong your kung fu is:mrgreen:

You've done an outstanding job. You've really gained some skills since the old Bronco you got off me. Maybe I should send you my current Tundra project and see what you can do with it, see how strong your kung fu is:mrgreen:

thanks man, trade back that bronco for a tundra eh ?

"thumbsup"

got a little more work done here...

front winch cradle revamped with new clevis mounting point and new shackle.
( thanks again pops "thumbsup" )
i did cut the bolt after these pics.
2nb7whz.jpg

1zya1cn.jpg

seats going back in...
2hq8006.jpg

r27rzt.jpg

i forgot how much of a pain this truck is to put together. it's like a giant puzzle.
:mrgreen:

next up, styrene work for fuel tank and gear locker.

what's that... an update ?

i got the front winch cradle mounted on the truck, winch in radio gear all set up.
it runs, still bolting all the little stuff together.

21nlhn5.jpg

2d18ehc.jpg

jhzfpv.jpg

i got the skid plate/ spur guard painted and installed.
no idea why i chose red... up too late one night. i just figured i would be able to tell if it was me that hit ground.
"thumbsup"

15efz7o.jpg

35kvimg.jpg

i forgot how fun styrene is.
2cqjvih.jpg

96drpg.jpg

stay tuned !

I just finished reading your whole thread! Great build job with that old truck."thumbsup"

Just an FYI I noticed this pic on page 7. I am the one that built that bender. How are you liking it so far?
34q9p1c.jpg

The bender works good, I had to shim it with a socket to get a little better of a bend without denting the tubing. I found that using sand inside the tube helps to not have it kink.

Still working on the styrene trinkets for the rear deck, and I am ironing out my LED's.

thanks all for the views and the replies !!!
input is welcome :ror:

still making parts when time permits...
so far a fuel tank and a gear locker.
fun stuff.
fuel cell is complete with steel straps
180go6.jpg

eafnzn.jpg

von6zd.jpg

107p0lu.jpg

2hdy0df.jpg

4tvxjo.jpg

x3y4x3.jpg

2cz7net.jpg

"thumbsup"

more to come...

Wicked build crunky!!"thumbsup" Any updates yet? I'm also about to start work on a truggy.

thanks for the replies !

... still going !
"thumbsup"
got all the LED's wired up and routed. what a pain in the rear !
b8jtl.jpg

here is a couple shots to show where i hid all the resistors and harness.
my poor gas tank, can you say stuffage !!!!
125kvfd.jpg

2wr1cnq.jpg

sdmywy.jpg

aw9b90.jpg

10d8rco.jpg

i'm thinking i might have missed adding a third brakelight ;-)
uq6n4.jpg

sgihad.jpg

the boxes...
zu2olv.jpg

34ipav6.jpg

hu5agw.jpg

thanks for looking, replies welcome !!!!
:flipoff:

thanks man, i can't stop now.

Drivers Ready !!!!!
( well kinda, i got another trick up my sleeve. )

since it's a good cop / bad cop rig, i figured i would uphold the stereotypes of local law and get him a fine little floozy to ride with.

znx6xx.jpg

33a3r7d.jpg

14xpbgm.jpg

34dg9bl.jpg

i don't know if i'm digging the home made seat belts. they are zip ties inside of black nylon shoe strings. they got fatter as the material bunched up. maybe i can re-adjust them... or maybe it's just on to adding the details and making a few things.

making my powertank.

i really liked a particular power tank put out by a popular maker of fine scaler items. unfortunately i can not afford to play like that.
have torch will fabricate !

8zpgr9.jpg

acg2kl.jpg

2dcg47l.jpg

fkb6tf.jpg

immnwx.jpg

... and i'm painting a few things too...
33tkxtu.jpg

64f2oh.jpg

thanks for looking.
keep the replies coming !

Looking great (as usual) Crunky..!! "thumbsup" You going to be around next Sat, July 16th..? We are having another big scaler GTG at Skinner Mt. You should debut The "Rock Cop" there if its done in time..!

headed towards home !

244rwvs.jpg

2enclck.jpg

169i3vl.jpg

getting geared up with the scaleness.
a5j91d.jpg

24xp1sl.jpg

2qxpyfa.jpg

ztb53m.jpg

vxr8k.jpg

a few outdoor shots.
orkoaq.jpg

10z7gau.jpg

i have to figure out what to do with the rear suspension. i am thinking i might have to move the shocks to a more upright position, or go with stiffer springs and a set of limiter straps. right now it tends to ride a bit " floppy " in the rear. i have been playing around with springs and just recently switched to some rc3wd dual springs. i had to adjust the spring collars all the way down and it still don't seem to be enough. trails will tell.

hit reply "thumbsup"

Back