• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Car 61 ~~ The Rock Cop ~~~ with VID !

Sick build:shock:

this is the first time i have seen it, i had to read the whole thing. A+ "thumbsup"

i just read through this whole build thread, awesome styrene work "thumbsup" would really love to see a trail video of this rig

thanks for the replies guys, and i do have some footage of this rig in various stages. i need to get together some time to edit it and put it together. i do have it's first rollover since the rebuild hahahaa.

*** a few updates ***
i had been battling a rough suspension setup in the rear of this rig. the rear was " a floppy hot mess " as i had heard it described before. i think it was from how far the shock angles were setup at. i swapped the old shocks off for some rc4wd dual springs with delrin sliders. i am thinking i might still need stiffer springs, but this is much better.
i had some old parts laying around from when i was trying to setup my shocks on my cc-01 chassis so i moved the shocks to a more upright position. i then lowered where they mounted on the axle so the rear of the rig doesn't stand up like a dragster when the shocks go into droop. one of the problems was when the rig was going down a steep incline the shocks went into droop mode and it would want to do somersaults. the downswing is hugely reduced now.

i weighed it the other day and it was a cool 8.2 lbs with battery in it. geesh imma fat kid.

pics of the new location of upper mount.
still shows good signs of flex
2qalldg.jpg

fz6mo5.jpg

i also have switched over the two face tires for some lox. i liked the look of the lox and wanted to get a tire that wouldn't rub on my leafs.
2rgdpup.jpg

23sx3d3.jpg

dgj7ug.jpg

i am thinking i might even swap the wheels off for my 2.0 soft 8's and some tsl boggers

replies needed ahahaa.
"thumbsup"

thanks for the replies guys, and i do have some footage of this rig in various stages. i need to get together some time to edit it and put it together. i do have it's first rollover since the rebuild hahahaa.

*** a few updates ***
i had been battling a rough suspension setup in the rear of this rig. the rear was " a floppy hot mess "
fz6mo5.jpg

I had the same issue on my akyota with the floppy ass lol, i ended up putting internals and externals and man the external ssprings are stiff it seems like but the weight of the tires and the weight of the rear end frame and scale items makes it all work out pretty well.

oh and my BBT (big beautiful truck) weighs in at a whopping 9lbs.

And tell pops i need some shackles :ror:

finally something to look at.
watch in hd
"thumbsup"
<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lsB2v5dJyKM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

comments on first vid ever ?
:lmao:

great vid

Hah I love it, yota helpin the jeep. Great quality video too. Badass rig, especially now.

Did a yota axle swap from the tlt axles for more scale look and was playing with different tires and wheel weights
a2yqymej.jpg

atuquvys.jpg

evyzeryh.jpg

Rebuilding the leafs
u2ubymyr.jpg

Looking great, that rig sure is a blast to drive. I know working on it can be challenging, everything in that truck is shoe-horned in there pretty tight. Glad to see you're enjoying it.

Reassembled and blew the front diff so xvds and helical gears on the way from Rpp and some more test and tune on the suspension and then reinstall the passengers
The front has been lowered for more spring with the soft reds and made a military second and the rear I layed the shocks down more then I rewired the lights for less wires and prepped for rock lights and hid the bec and winch controller in the fuel cell and relocated the on off s/w to the side of the fuel cell then re assembled to have the ex and esc in the cab now I'm swapping the spur to an 80 and then guna drive it for a bit!

egetyzub.jpg

a2a7ydeq.jpg

yveqe7yh.jpg

Back