• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Car 61 ~~ The Rock Cop ~~~ with VID !

well i gotta work out a mad, mad glitching issue. i can't even get ten feet away from the truck and it goes bonkers.
i know that i have a few things i need to look after so let me check all my possibilities.
like someone said there is a ton of stuff here to hide, and it could be the matter of i have the rx too close to my battery and the bec.
i'm looking at trading places from the esc to the rx. that would mean rewiring the whole rig, ugh.
:shock:

geesh... looks like i'm the only one updating this thread lately "thumbsup"

anyways, i took the rear axle apart to see what was the racket back there... turned out i had one of the straight axles bearing not pressed in fully.
while i was there i wanted to see how the bevel gears are.
wow heavy duty gears inside "thumbsup"

2illjsw.jpg

then i got into test driving the rig over a pile of bricks out back. no vid yet :shock:

i noticed that the spur gear and tranny didn't have much protection down there.
so out came the tubing and creative bending.
168sdpk.jpg

2vi05eg.jpg

mvky76.jpg

34q9p1c.jpg

elb0ih.jpg

time to go to work now... hopefully i have enough energy after doing an overnight to get going again in the am.
:lmao:

stay tuned and feel free to comment 8)

wow that is sickkkkkkk

thanks man...
i love brazing now.
it's so fun i can't stop.
still, i'm only adding what it needs, not redesigning the whole rig.
i was told that the way the tranny was mounted caused a weak link in the rig. the cases kept stripping out, and it was advised that i get an aluminum case... well i incorporated the spur guard / cross member to also be a tranny brace.

2vjdjex.jpg

2f06jht.jpg

do10rn.jpg

fx7y29.jpg

2ynp8nt.jpg

32zs5ug.jpg

thanks for looking.
"thumbsup"

Just when I was gonna ask if you were going to make a tranny skid to protect that spur gear I see you've beat me to it. :ror:

Real nice job on the skid buddy! "thumbsup"

well, i gotta hand it to my dad...
he saw the shackles i got from kuatto, and he wanted to try his hand at making something for my cop build... pop's shackle is middle.

how about some big cotter pins banged flat here and there, and bent around a mandrel ?
i quickly had to fab up the horn that the shackle would bolt through.
2uptse9.jpg

ngzxop.jpg

w9ii9s.jpg

a little bit of paint, cut down a bolt, and viola !

thanks pops !
"thumbsup"

not long left a comment on this over on another site but hey ho i am going to leave another.once again great work and a great rig "thumbsup"

Nice job on the shackle,do you know if they where the aluminum ones or the heavy steel ones?Also need you to get ahold of me about some good shots of the rock cop when you get a chance.

The rig looks great Crunk!
Like the theme.
Always makes me happy to see some TLTs in good use!!!

What straight adapters are those?
Whenever I run MIPs+straight adapters+thin hex, the inside of the hub rubs the adapter. Especially with RC4WD wheels.

Brazing Q:
Bash plate looks great! When you braze it, do you have the flat plate laying on a surface and the tubework supported in place on top of it and braze from the backside? After a few weeks and 1.5oz of silver solder on a cage and rack, I get decent tube and rod joints, but flat pcs. still throw me.

Wo! Glad to see this come back to life Crunkster!"thumbsup"

thanks man, all these TTC and KOH rigs are making me do it !!!!

Sweet. Nice work on the trans brace, good to see my old rig is together and alive!

i stole the idea on the brace from stuff i have seen here.
i told you i would finish it one day. you still got dibs, so save your pennies.
"thumbsup"

The rig looks great Crunk!
Like the theme.
Always makes me happy to see some TLTs in good use!!!

What straight adapters are those?
Whenever I run MIPs+straight adapters+thin hex, the inside of the hub rubs the adapter. Especially with RC4WD wheels.

Brazing Q:
Bash plate looks great! When you braze it, do you have the flat plate laying on a surface and the tubework supported in place on top of it and braze from the backside? After a few weeks and 1.5oz of silver solder on a cage and rack, I get decent tube and rod joints, but flat pcs. still throw me.

tlt's rock !

no clue who's adapters they are, and i had to use little washers for that same problem.

when brazing i work on top of cookie sheets, and i use a lot of magnets and wire. be careful you don't overheat the magnets...
they blow up.

well, seeing that this rig has these two face tires on it, i have a feeling it's going to need recovery here and there.
so i unbolted the winch and added a clevis mount point to the front bumper. i don't know why i forgot to add one before...
hind sight is always 20/20.

ibkjmx.jpg

sv1308.jpg

:ror:

got the shackles painted up and mounted.

rear tail light/ recovery point done.

beefy :evil:

i7662t.jpg

2cxxgtl.jpg

thanks again to my pops for the shackles.
:D

now i need to make a fuel cell and a gear locker.

propane tanks on the rear deck, or fuel cell under the deck to take up some of the empty slack under there ?
:?:

Back