• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.
  • RCSC

c0bra's team associated rc8b3e rebuild

c0bra

RCC Addict
Haven't really had the time, or a reason, lately to come on the forum lately so I decided to give myself a reason. Mostly it's been because Im working a lot more now than I was, and because I've been working on non crawler stuff lately. I picked up a new tlr scte 3.0 and a used rc8b3e.

So this thread will document the rebuild for the b3e. If you have questions about the scte, just let me know. Anyways here's the rc8b3e and the scte

5cda2cc89804f5bdff2017cd823ce07d.jpg

It came as a roller with the v2 diffs already installed, carbon fiber shock towers and upgraded shocks. Also had a set of aka wheels with aka catapult tires in soft compound. It also has rivkins set up on it and is supposed to be very good at the local track, not that I will race it often.

So far I haven't done much to it, just picked up and mounted a jconcepts striker body that's for the nitro version, a set of jconcepts bullet wheels which will get street tires mounted to them and a 3racing servo horn. I have for the most part completely tore it apart.

This was 1 race old and already has some seized bearings and bent driveshafts, so all of the bearings will be replaced and mugen mbx7 and mbx7r driveshafts will go on this (its mostly a direct copy of the mbx7 and mbx7r). Also the bottom of the chassis is scratched up VERY bad and the motor mount won't come off easily so both of those will be replaced and I'll get a chassis protector as well.

The only reassembly I've done is clean the little bit of dirt off the servo/rx mount and installed an airtronics rx-461 (will be using a mt4), also installed a hobby people pro bl-320 brushless digital servo with the 3racing horn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update hopefully soon!

Got the 3.0 finished and ended up getting a 22sct 2.0, which is also finished. Then I switched jobs again, but payday is coming!

The biggest reason I haven't updated this is because I haven't started ordering parts as I've been waiting for dollar hobbies to get the chassis back in stock. I did decide that stop waiting for that one and found another alternative to not have to put out full price for it and found it on Amazon for cheaper.

Ok the stock chassis has come in so the severely scratched original chassis can go away. Also placed an order for all 6 mugen mbx7r driveshafts. The mugen ones are supposed to be a direct replacement, and are a lot stronger than the easily bent stock ones.

if it was one race old, how was the chassis so scratched? and seized bearings?

we tend to call those drivers Hacks :lmao:

But damn thats a lot of carnage for one race, unless of course it was a kid driving it. :ror:

if it was one race old, how was the chassis so scratched? and seized bearings?

I have no idea, unless they practiced with it a lot. I've gotten other stuff from the guy before and everything's been great up until then.

The guy is a local racer that only sold me the b3e because he got sponsored to race mugen, and he knew I was going to get a b3e anyway.

I'm guessing the seized bearings are from the clay getting in there and causing problems. Anyways there's a bit of stuff coming for this already, should be enough to get it running, I just need to order hardware, which I'll be doing today

well, get green seals from boca for bearings and get this thing together and go racing! i run a hot bodies ve8.

Well I finally got most of the parts that I needed in for the b3e, still missing a few minor parts though.

Anyways I did finally start the rebuild yesterday!

First up was the center diff. It went great, only issue were the bearings were covered in dirt. I replaced all of the hardware with class 12.9 black oxide and used fast eddy bearings. I replaced the fluid with fresh 10k associated. For a motor/esc I ended up going with a 1/8 sidewinder 2200kv system. It still allows for 4-6s and was half the price of the similar tekin system, so I picked 2 up. The other is for a wr8 but that's for a different thread.

I did replace the entire center diff mount, I only needed the motor mount but the hole thing wasn't much more so i replaced it all.

Next I mounted the dirt guards and steering bellcranks. Again with clas 12.9 hardware and fast eddy bearings.

Today I tackled the rear end. I rebuilt the rear diff with 5k Losi and replaced the bearings. I did have issues getting the bearing off the ring gear though. Anyways I replaced the center drive shaft with one from a mugen mbx7r. The rest of the rear end went pretty straight forward, except one of the rear driveshafts needs extra convincing to come out, so the rear hubs aren't mounted. I also need to get a new wing to replace the one it came with

Tomorrow after work I'll work on tackling the front end rebuild

I tore apart the front end and rebuilt it, except the front diff since I misplaced the part that holds it in place. I replaced the stock pillow balls with Lunsford and used a bearing as a spacer between the upper pillow ball and the arm. I did find that piece though and will be rebuilding the diff with 10k fluid.

I've mounted the rear shocks and sway bar. I did not rebuild the shocks yet, so they must still have what rivkin ran in this set up.

Long overdue update!

Unfortunately a few runs after getting the b3e back together the screws that hold the motor itself together somehow stripped??? So it has sat for a wile unfortunately due to other projects and other stuff. Only thing I really picked up for it were jconcepts wheels and proline fugitive lite tires. Until earlier this week!

When I originally picked up the castle system I wanted to go with a sensored system but changed my mind. After the runs with the sensorless system in this, I picked up a tekin rx8 gen3 combo with a gen2 2250kv motor! Which should be here tomorrow

Back