• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Buxom Melons: Class 2 VW Beetle

Re: Buxom Melons: Now Class 2

How is the 10t pinion treating you? Get that low end you were looking for?

What did you end up putting in the project box? Clearly not the esc since its on top of it lol.

So far so good with the 10t... it's got more low end control but I was surprised by how much top end I lost with just 1 tooth smaller pinion. I'll leave it there for a while and see how she comps.

I just put the rx and bec in the box. "thumbsup"

I just put the rx and bec in the box. "thumbsup"

You need lights and a winch! :) Plenty of room in that box for it. I know I've stuffed a receiver, bec, light controller and winch controller in mine! :D

I am having bad luck with lights man... I need to just buy a set and give up on trying to make my own... I'm sure by now I've spent more on lights then it would have cost me just to buy the Axial NVS.

Winch, yes Sir!

hahahaha... I totally forgot that I bid on this because I didn't expect to win but I did... for $5!

Attachments

• lights.JPG
    lights.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 824

I need a driver... and passenger.

I'm not sure any of these are the right height but what do you guys think?

Uncle Fester and Gomez
driver_fester.jpg

driver_gomez.jpg

Insainiac and the Witch Dr.
driver_Insaniac.jpg

Evil Earnie
driver_evilearnie.jpg

Ralphie
driver_ralphy-1.jpg

Eddie
driver_eddie_peacemind.jpg

driver_eddie_killers.jpg

I dropped the seats about an inch by replacing the Wraith interior/floor with some diamond plate tin I found.
The seats are still too high for Sam Fisher.
I need to cut down the center council part, I was thinking of using the fuzzy side of velcro for carpet. :mrgreen:

This will work for our upcoming TTC though, I think an Ewok and a Speeder Bike Stormtrooper witll be the current drivers.

Attachments

• 2012-09-16 14.15.27.jpg
    2012-09-16 14.15.27.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 676
  • 2012-09-16 14.15.52.jpg
    2012-09-16 14.15.52.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 659
  • 2012-09-16 14.15.12.jpg
    2012-09-16 14.15.12.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 672
Last edited:

The TTC is this Saturday and Buxom Melons is about ready.
I think I'm going to remove Melons windows all together and put in nets.
I don't think I'll have time to build a servo winch before Saturday... The HeyOk controller showed up yesterday and I have the spool but can't find servo mounting tabs I just got. :roll:

Other than that, Melons is ready to go. :twisted:

my laptop keyboard is not working, I'll post more tomorrow...
TTC was a blast. Melons got 3rd in C2, had 2nd before scale points. ;-)

tank trap
cliffs923211_zps92e816df.jpg

cliffs923228_zps705bdf32.jpg

sled pull
cliffs923165_zps1a044826.jpg

cliffs923167_zpsf0a5beb1.jpg

rubicon
cliffs923114_zpsc444e58f.jpg

cliffs923112_zps659b151b.jpg

Melons new front axle housing and the new driver... thanks Zero. ;-)

Attachments

• 2012-09-28 23.05.55.jpg
    2012-09-28 23.05.55.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 524
Last edited:

Very nice bug!

Thanks!

I need to Dremel out the new front axle housing for the Beef Tubes so I can get her back on the road!

I riped the truss from the housing during our TTC... guessing it started when I rolled down the hill climb (which Melons got 2nd in... Timmy got first) and the tug of war... which I got 2nd in and Timmy got first. :x

I'm also thinking of starting a new body... and have a silly surprise for my Wild Willy debut. :mrgreen:

Back