• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Build is almost done

did you say you had both the scx10 and the 10.2? can you take a pic of both of them side by side without the body? i wanna see if the OG 10 really has the wheelbase positioned differently vs the 10.2

I posted a couple pictures on the Rubicon Fit thread. You will see that my SCX10-2 wheel base is shorter than 12.3".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok here are some pics of how i mounted the JK body and how i got the VP brawler sliders to work

I initially drilled the body holes based on aligning the body with the chassis rails so that the front grille would mount flush with the front bumper. after mounting though i noticed the wheelbase didnt align which caused the front wheels to rub/bind on the crusher flares during suspension compression or steering. so...i had to position the body further back. since i already drilled the body holes out i had to do this to position the body a little further back. ugly but effective

I copied this idea from new2rocks on how to secure the rear of the body without having to mess with removing the hardtop and accessing the body posts to install or remove the body clips. they are brass strips that i cut down and bent. it works awesome and its pretty secure

The VP brawlers were originally designed for the original SCX10 so they didnt alight properly with the 10.2. i had to come up with a creative way to mount these so they would align perfectly with the body...remember the body had to be positioned a few mm back to get the proper alignment with the wheelbase. i cut down some scrap acrylic to reposition the mounting

The last issue to tackle was the SSD Rock Shield bumper. initial mounting had the bumper so far out front that it compromised the approach angle and made the JK look like it had a huge, ugly underbite

So...i had to grab my dremel and start grinding down the aluminum stops on the bumper so i could slide it down further in the chassis rails

...and now it is flush with the front grille! no more underbite

oh i got a HH Crawlmaster Expert 13t motor yesterday and i installed it. I like the low end control and torque. it is definitely stronger than the $18 Yeah Racing 17t motor i had in there previously but i want more wheelspeed. i assumed 13t would mean more wheelspeed but i found out it is a 13t on a 5 slot armature vs the yeah racings 17t on a 3 slot.

can i adjust the timing and/or increase the pinion size to a 16t without hurting the motor?

when adjusting the timing can i assume each of the notches on the motor can mean 5 degrees? and when i want to increase the timing do i turn the endbell clockwise or counter clockwise?

Last edited:
Back