• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Blasphemy!

I now feel quite jaded that my local grocery store doesn't also have a rock-crawling course.

Rig looks pretty capable on them stones! Nice job.

I now feel quite jaded that my local grocery store doesn't also have a rock-crawling course.

Rig looks pretty capable on them stones! Nice job.
Thanks, the Telluride is way more capable than anyone would expected it to have any right to be, especially how little actual work it actually took! I had posed these pics up on the R/Crawling and R/Traxxas Reddits and someone in R/crawling started asking me about it because he had never seen a fully independent trail rig or the Telluride before. While discussing it with him, I had an idea that I’m surprised Traxxas hasn’t done yet. I’m kinda thinking they need to put the Rally’s X-HD suspension on the Slash 4x4 with the E-Maxx 21t 550, TRX-4 XL-5, sticky compound 2wd Slash rear tires, brushed Stampede 4x4 diffs with either spools or the 20mil diff oil like they put in the E-Revo 2.0’s center diff, and then license Hummer H1/HUMVEE, Hummer EV, Rivian, Lightening, Silverado W/T EV, and maybe even the Cybertruck for bodies. It would make an interesting scale indy rig and something for the fans/fanatics of said trucks to get.

This island is rough on trail rigs like this, my SCX-10 and -24 (even after the Microshark, 4WS and outrunner conversion), my Jimny TR, and OG flipped, locked, and stretched Wheely King, but my Comp and Night Crawlers, AX-10 before it became the SCX10, and E-Revo when it was still brushed and set up to crawl worked a lot better on there.
Here’s an old video of my E-Revo on there a long, long time ago. This may predate me having a smart phone or GoPro!

It's cool to see an ifs rig give those rocks the business lol. I've contemplated before, converting my 4x4 slash into something that can tackle rocks but I just can't cause I love the speed on big open stretches... donuts for days always a blast too.

I haven't seen a Cybertuck RC body yet but I'm sure I will before too long. As much as I'm on the "not impressed" side of that body style debate 1:1, I do think it'd be interesting to see one as a scale crawler or trail rig.

"Rally’s X-HD suspension on the Slash 4x4 with the E-Maxx 21t 550, TRX-4 XL-5, sticky compound 2wd Slash rear tires, brushed Stampede 4x4 diffs with either spools or the 20mil diff oil like they put in the E-Revo 2.0’s center diff"

^^^ Never driven a Rally nor Revo so no idea but sounds like it would be a blast to drive.

My Tamiya MF-01x Jimny has been here multiple times since it’s received the GF-01TR portals too. It’s also been on receiving end of thorns that grow on that tree in the video I recorded today.. They’re at least an inch long and will go through the Proline G8 compound rubber Krawler T/As on the little thing like nothing. Needless to say, I try and not get any part of me near that tree!
I have seen a number of Cybertrucks and Rivians so far and I kinda dig the Rivians, more so the R1S SUV version, but I am even less of a fan of the Cybertruck after seeing them in person. It just so happens that the Rivians are built in the former Mitsubishi “Diamond Star” factory in the Bloomington-Normal portion of Central Illinois and I live about an hour west of Chicago in one of the northern suburbs called West Chicago that is where there is a big Union Pacific (ex Chicago&NorthWestern) rail yard that a lot of new vehicles enter the area through, including Teslas. The below pic is the first of the Cybertrucks that I have seen in person.
IMG_8187.jpeg.00855f9147c94335f89efab073ff4674.jpeg

Hot Wheels has made hard body toy grade Cybertrucks in different scales and I think before any of the 1/1 trucks were on the streets, but those were the only ones that I know of. I’m not a fan of the Cybertruck, but if there were a R/C version of a Rivian (esp the R1S), Silverado W/T EV, Hummer EV SUV, or a Ramcharger EREV made like I suggested above, I would consider getting one. It would be fun putting them to work on the rocks and walking paths my rigs have put in work on around here!

Great to see an old Telly still kicking. I love mine, does way better than one might expect.

There's drivetrain upgrades look interesting, I haven't broken a stock shaft yet but I can hear them creaking.

I do think this truck ended up getting slept on, especially with what both of our trucks are capable of.

I never broke a shaft either, but I think that the Silly Putty I have in the diffs May have helped prevent failures when the truck got into a bind. Now that I think of it, wonder if that’s how come the plastic center shaft also has survived, especially with it geared low and running a 3s pack through that Holmes motor.

It rocks that yours is still getting used and performing well. I really need to get one back together at some point but it just keeps getting pushed further and further down the list you know.... I still have a roller assembled so thinking I'll just snag a stock set of electronics sometime and throw it together.

It rocks that yours is still getting used and performing well. I really need to get one back together at some point but it just keeps getting pushed further and further down the list you know.... I still have a roller assembled so thinking I'll just snag a stock set of electronics sometime and throw it together.
Thanks!
Might as well throw the crawler version of the XL-5 in there too, while you’re at it, see how it would do with that ESC!

I picked up some Stampede 4x4 part to finish beefing up the Telluride’s driveline, plus it will be time to replace the Silly Putty Lockers with the Hot Racing spools I have at home too.
img-8899.jpeg

Not sure how soon this will happen since I’m still getting ove the Salmonella from last week, but I’ll post as I can!

Back