• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

B-MOW's TRX-4m Mini Blue Bronco

Gonna call my lhs tomorrow and see if they got more parts in.

Man I can't wait to see thay thing come together!!!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Gonna call my lhs tomorrow and see if they got more parts in.

Man I can't wait to see thay thing come together!!!

There's a good chance they do have more parts in stock. I didn't expect to see much new stuff at my LHS, but glad they're able to get new stock.

If your previous paintwork is any indication, those wheels will turn out splendidly.

Thanks Dirt!"thumbsup" I hope they turn out ok!:roll:

While I wait for parts to arrive, I did a quick, easy and free detail to the stock wheels. Not a big fan of all black wheels! Silver paint markers works wonders!:) I even put a dab of silver on the lugs. It'll all probably rub off, but IMO it looks better than black.

Waiting on warmer weather to arrive so that I can paint the Method bead lock wheels I picked up the last time I was at the LHS. Looks like we are stuck in a deep freeze until sometime next week!:evil: Though I'm glad were not getting the 4-6 feet of snow that Buffalo is forecasted to get!:shock:

IMG_0261(1).jpg

IMG_0260(1).jpg

Bearings on order and should be here on Monday. More later!

I thought they were aftrmkt just from quickly scrolling past and putting eyes on the lug nuts, no joke. And that was only for a fraction of a second. Tiny details make a huge impact sometimes.

That definitely help the look of the wheels.

Yeah, I think so too!"thumbsup"

That silver lip transforms those wheels. I’m looking at them almost surprised they didn’t come that way. It looks great.

Thanks!"thumbsup" I thought that too!

I thought they were aftrmkt just from quickly scrolling past and putting eyes on the lug nuts, no joke. And that was only for a fraction of a second. Tiny details make a huge impact sometimes.

Thanks drifter!"thumbsup" I like to add tiny details when I can, though I'm not all that good at it!:roll:

Well these next few upgrades happened sooner than expected!

I was on FB this past Friday and noticed that Jim from JimsBearings posted that he had the TRX-4m bearing kits in stock. This was the kit I have been waiting for so I immediately put in an order for the set. Yesterday in less than 24 hours, USPS had these in my mailbox!:shock: Now that is some extremely fast shipping! Thanks Jim!"thumbsup"

IMG_0264(1).jpg

IMG_0265(1).jpg

While I had the Bronco apart to install the bearings, I took the time to install the blue anodized alum shocks and blue plastic diff covers that I picked up at the LHS the last time I was there.

IMG_0266(1).jpg

IMG_0267(2).jpg

These shocks are nice and come pre-built. All that is needed is to add the included 20wt oil and add the springs off of the stock plastic shocks that come with the rig. Traxxas always makes a super smooth shock and these are no exception! Super smooth and I don't see any sign of oil seepage from the shock seals on the shock shaft.

I will admit that the stock plastic shocks are just as super smooth and leak free as the colored alum upgrade shocks. So this upgrade is really not needed IMO unless you want to change the color of the shock.

Also added the blue diff covers. Nothing wrong with the stock covers, but for $4 bucks for the pair, why not!?!

IMG_0269(1).jpg

IMG_0270(1).jpg

IMG_0268(1).jpg

Here's a couple mandatory flex shocks like I see all over the Socials!:mrgreen:

IMG_0272(1).jpg

IMG_0271(1).jpg

And hers's a couple of close-up selfies of the front and rear!:)

IMG_0277(1).jpg

IMG_0278(1).jpg

Who makes aftermarket wheels for these? And what size are they? I have a green defender on order and would like some bronze/gold wheels if they make them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking great Brian!

Looking awesome B!

7mm hex, EVERYONE makes wheels for them. Scx24 wheels.

Thanks guys!"thumbsup"

Who makes aftermarket wheels for these? And what size are they? I have a green defender on order and would like some bronze/gold wheels if they make them.

Yeah, what @tigris99 said above. At this point there is a large assortment of different styles and manufacturers selling wheels for these micro rigs. Amazon, eBay, Amain Hobbies, RPP Hobbies and etc. will have stock of these.

The Bronco is back in the shop for some more details. Put a coat of paint on the Traxxas beadlock wheels that I picked up at the LHS a few days back. Also picked up the Traxxas brass wheel weights to put in the front wheels.
Edit: Just noticed that in the first 2 pics, I have the item tags mixed up with the wheels and weights!:oops:

I decided to go with a copper look like a did with my Enduro FJ Cruiser. I used Rust-Oleum Universal Metallic Paint & Primer In One Aged Copper. This paint gives the wheels an aged look with a matte finish.

After getting them assembled, I realized that I should have painted the beadlock rings. Not sure If I should paint them black or silver. I'll have to figure that out and get them painted at a later date.

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Printed out a tiny set of sand ladders. I found a set on Thingiverse for 1/10 scale and resized them by 65%.

IMG_0337.jpg

Also got the 3D printed interior designed by @Gramps printed. More on that in a future post.

IMG_0339.jpg

I just bought two of these, a red and a blue. One for each of my 4 year old twin sons.

I'll definitely be scoping your upgrades and seeing what you do with them. These may become my winter upgrade projects.

My sons will do the driving, I'll do the building. At 4, they're still getting the grasp of Lego building, so working on these is a bit beyond them.

The Bronco is back in the shop for some more details. Put a coat of paint on the Traxxas beadlock wheels that I picked up at the LHS a few days back. Also picked up the Traxxas brass wheel weights to put in the front wheels.

Edit: Just noticed that in the first 2 pics, I have the item tags mixed up with the wheels and weights!:oops:

I decided to go with a copper look like a did with my Enduro FJ Cruiser. I used Rust-Oleum Universal Metallic Paint & Primer In One Aged Copper. This paint gives the wheels an aged look with a matte finish.

After getting them assembled, I realized that I should have painted the beadlock rings. Not sure If I should paint them black or silver. I'll have to figure that out and get them painted at a later date.

View attachment 401619

View attachment 401620

View attachment 401621

View attachment 401622

View attachment 401623

Printed out a tiny set of sand ladders. I found a set on Thingiverse for 1/10 scale and resized them by 65%.

View attachment 401624

Also got the 3D printed interior designed by @Gramps printed. More on that in a future post.

View attachment 401625
Damn B, that's coming out pretty damn sexy!!!

I just bought two of these, a red and a blue. One for each of my 4 year old twin sons.

I'll definitely be scoping your upgrades and seeing what you do with them. These may become my winter upgrade projects.

My sons will do the driving, I'll do the building. At 4, they're still getting the grasp of Lego building, so working on these is a bit beyond them.

That's cool! I bet they love them! Thanks for checking it out!

Damn B, that's coming out pretty damn sexy!!!

Thanks man!"thumbsup"

I like the wheels, I. think I would paint the rings sliver

I think I agree. I've been leaning toward silver. Easy enough to do with my silver paint marker!:)

Well, she's road legal now! My new plates came in the mail yesterday!

Also picked up some reading material!:lmao:

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

Back