• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

B-MOW's TRX-4m Mini Blue Bronco

New bumpers are here and installed. I had to have these metal bumpers after seeing these on @JimK's Little White Bronco. Check it out here: (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/micro-scale-rigs/631494-little-white-bronco-story-2.html#post6144352)

For the size of these little bumpers, they sure do look good. Easy to install and requires no trimming to the body or chassis to attach them. Bolt-on and go! Both front and rear bumpers have tiny little d-rings that actually work!

I did have to take off the Traxxas bull bar with LED lightbar that I had just installed to make room for the new bull bar and lightbar that is comes on the Injora bumper.

IMG_3417.jpg

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

The rear bumper comes with a removable trailer hitch. I like this design better than the Traxxas trailer hitch. The Traxxas hitch attaches to the underside of the rear bumper and requires you to remove the bumper to take off the hitch. On the Injora bumper, it attaches to outside and can be removed easily when not needed.

IMG_3421.jpg

IMG_3422.jpg

IMG_3424.jpg

IMG_3425.jpg

The Traxxas trailer hooked up to the Bronco. The trailer sits at the perfect ride height when attached to the bumper.

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

Those are good looking bumpers that you and Jim have on your Broncos. Looks like someone stole your tail light lens

Didn’t think it could look much better but geese…

Thanks!"thumbsup"

Those are good looking bumpers that you and Jim have on your Broncos. Looks like someone stole your tail light lens

You mentioning the missing taillight lens made me instantly look to see if it was there. Ha, it's still there! The angle of the pic makes it look like it is missing. This Traxxas light kit uses an all clear lens that shows the whole inside of the light bucket. Once the lights are on, the clear lens looks red.

Thanks for taking a look Gramps!"thumbsup"

Lookin' good Brian!! The bumpers are awesome and the Bronco and trailer go together perfectly!! I'd like to get a trailer too but I haven't decided which one to get. I'd like one that my TRX4M Furitek Bettle would fit on/in so I could tow it around. I like the look of the new Axial flatbed trailer and might give it a try??

Reading back through the thread I saw the driveshaft fix and the 9mm split ring. Good info! "thumbsup" Really hoping I get the K10 High Trail for Christmas!

Reading back through the thread I saw the driveshaft fix and the 9mm split ring. Good info! "thumbsup" Really hoping I get the K10 High Trail for Christmas!

So far so good on the driveshaft fix. I haven't had any problems yet!;-)

The K10 High Trail is a great looking truck. I haven't had the chance to get it outside yet, but inside it is a fun little rig! I thought about making it a "Low Trail", but the more I look at it and drive it, the more I like the tallness. It's different and fun to try to keep on all fours.:)

So far so good on the driveshaft fix. I haven't had any problems yet!;-)

The K10 High Trail is a great looking truck. I haven't had the chance to get it outside yet, but inside it is a fun little rig! I thought about making it a "Low Trail", but the more I look at it and drive it, the more I like the tallness. It's different and fun to try to keep on all fours.:)

Is the High Trail really that much more top heavy and prone to rollovers?

I’ll get you a side by side pic when I get home. She sits pretty tall and the beautiful Chevy body does tower above it. I can say that the brass I added to it did help.

Pics to follow later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's the side-by-side comparisons. Sorry, didn't get a chance to post these last night.

The camera perspective is a little wonky, but I think you can see the height difference. Taller tires, higher axle height and cloud scraping body.

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3579.jpg

The roof rack on the Bronco is damn near level with the truck bed and bottom of window on the Chevy.

IMG_3581.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

I do plan on putting in an interior in the Chevy, so that will only make the drivability that much more interesting. The ups and downs of scale life!!:ror:

The one thing that I thought was missing and needed was sliders/side plates on these little TRX-4m's. So I did some searching and found some 3D printed ones on Thingiverse. Super simple design and quick to print. The design and print quality is perfect!

I printed a set out for each of my rigs, Bronco, Spectre SVX Defender and the new Cheyene High Trail. They just bolt on by removing 2 link screws on each side of the chassis. With these installed, they fill in the gap that I thought needed to be filled in. They fit all three of the different styles of bodies perfectly. On the Hight Trail, the sliders sit just below the body, but is not really noticable.

IMG_3687.jpg

Before:

IMG_3688.jpg

After.

Adding these does require the removal of the rubber battery strap. I also cut off the battery strap attachments on both sides of the battery tray (which is not shown since I removed them after I snapped the pic. Removing them helps the battery tray sit flat when bolted down). I added a couple of small pieces of velcro to hold the battery in.

IMG_3689.jpg

Bronco:

IMG_3691.jpg

Defender:

IMG_3692.jpg

Cheyene High Trail:

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_3694.jpg

Your correct Mow the M's could benefit from some. sliders. Those look like a great find. Got a link to them on Thingiverse?

How's the quality of the Injora bearings compared to something like Fast Eddy or Jim's?

How's the quality of the Injora bearings compared to something like Fast Eddy or Jim's?

The quality seems good. I run Jim’s in my other rigs and these feel just as good.

I don’t have the run time on the Injora’s like I do Jim’s, but so far no complaints. Anything IMO is better than the stock bushings!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The quality seems good. I run Jim’s in my other rigs and these feel just as good.

I don’t have the run time on the Injora’s like I do Jim’s, but so far no complaints. Anything IMO is better than the stock bushings!

The Jims are only $17.90 on eBay which is less than a dollar more than the Injora set so I think I will go with Jim's.

If I may interject, I haven't tried the Injora bearings but I have put RC Lion bearings in a few of my TRX4Ms and have been happy with them.

Sure I appreciate the feedback even if it's not my thread :oops:

RCLion seems to be an Amazon seller and I hate that company with a passion so I will pass. That set is around $5 cheaper than Jims though!

The Jims are only $17.90 on eBay which is less than a dollar more than the Injora set so I think I will go with Jim's.

Well, schlit! I should've bought Jim's! Lesson learned. If I buy another M, which more than likely I will, it'll get his bearings.

I like ordering directly from him on his website because I can usual get his orders shipped next day since he is only a couple hours from me here in Ohio.

Back