• Welcome to RCCrawler Forums.

It looks like you're enjoying RCCrawler's Forums but haven't created an account yet. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? As a member you get free access to all of our forums and posts plus the ability to post your own messages, communicate directly with other members, and much more. Register now!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message.

Axial Yeti - Critical Dimensions, Parts compatibility, Gearing etc

OD in front and UD out back would tear the truck in half.......

Not really. I don't have either but if I did I'd do only an OD in front or only an UD in the rear. Coupled with a stock geared hardened set in the opposing diff.

Hi guys I'm new to rc and forum. I have a question about the hd bevel gears is it alright to run overdrive in front and underwrite in rear?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Your gears front and rear have to match the number of tooth...otherwise you will have the front wheels spinning at a different rate than the rear wheels.

even if you could -in theory and in fact you can- I don't see any advantages to doing so. all the contrary, you may damage the drivetrain.

Your gears front and rear have to match the number of tooth...otherwise you will have the front wheels spinning at a different rate than the rear wheels.

even if you could -in theory and in fact you can- I don't see any advantages to doing so. all the contrary, you may damage the drivetrain.

Crawlers run OD gear in the front or UD gears in the rear. This creates a 'rolling dig', if you could call it that. For crawling it has its benefits. For a Yeti, that's up to the user.

I run UD gears out back and run a locker up front on my Yeti......Not a speed racer, but quite fun.

You can run a mix, to have the rear being pulled, works well for crawling and trails

Hang up and Drive

I ended up getting new stock heavy duty gears for front which I also got a locker for and ud in the rear

Threw the newly released Hobbywing XR8 SCT and one of their new 3660 Series sensored motors @ 3200kv and damn, what a beast on 3S w/ an 18t pinion and stock 64t spur. And yes, I know, I need to work on my soldering. I made extra connections because I think I'm going to have a few different motors for this guy but for right now, this is perfect for what I do. I need to get the front diff locker so I can crawl a bit.

I probably could have gone with the 3600kv version of the motor to get a little more speed. But I ran it HARD on 3S for about 20 min. in grass and the motor was barely warm. So clearly I've got a lot of headroom in this thing to gear it up a bit more. 20/56 anyone? LOL...

That's a step above the SCT Pro and 3656 3400kv I put in mine. Yours should flat out fly on that.

I'm running castle creations #CSE010-0145-02 MAMBA MONSTER X EXTREME 1:8 SCALE COMBO WITH NEU-CASTLE 1512-2650KV MOTOR

31359921345_815007feb2_c.jpg

Had to cut out a small piece from the battery tray !

enjoy ! :mrgreen:

That's a step above the SCT Pro and 3656 3400kv I put in mine. Yours should flat out fly on that.

It's actually VERY similar to my other Yeti that's a TT now, which I've got the same setup as you (SCT PRo but with a 3500kv). I really can't tell much of a difference between the two outside of being able to program the new Hobbywing ESCs wirelessly w/ the adapter and your cell phone. :) The 3660 motor is also longer than the old 3656...so in theory it should be more efficient. Sure enough, I ran the heck out of it again today and barely got warm. Really impressed with it.

From what I read the XR8 SCT is just the new version of the SCT Pro. I believe it. They even look similar:

Last edited:
I bought a Robinson Racing 56t Gen 3 slipper clutch for my Yeti and I do not now how to adjust the pinion gear. it is way smaller then the stock 64t and does not fit with the stock pinion. Can anyone help me out? I am kind of new to the Axial rc world. I have a Wrath and a Yeti and so far I really like both of them. I am use to working on Traxxas so I am slowly learning Axial. Thanks for the help. Beau

I bought a Robinson Racing 56t Gen 3 slipper clutch for my Yeti and I do not now how to adjust the pinion gear. it is way smaller then the stock 64t and does not fit with the stock pinion. Can anyone help me out? I am kind of new to the Axial rc world. I have a Wrath and a Yeti and so far I really like both of them. I am use to working on Traxxas so I am slowly learning Axial. Thanks for the help. Beau

Stock Pinion on a Yeti is 16T...it should fit w/ the 56T Robinson Slipper. Just rotate the motor in the motor mount and it should move the pinion gear closer and further away depending on the rotation.

It is a 16t, I only know how to work on Traxxas so I am learning about Axial so hopefully I can manipulate the moter mount to make it work if not i was wondering if a bigger pinion would work? Thanks for the input guys

I notice through pics a few ppl with running front proline powerstroke shocks any one else having trouble with them hitting axles

Back